Topic Title: "No AMD graphics driver is installed" error...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/01/2014 03:19 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/01/2014 03:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Almightymints
Peon

I was playing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II (using Steam) last night and noticed the game was running extremely slow while using the absolute lowest graphical settings. Because my laptop's specs (I think?) are far and above the recommended specs for that game, I figured something must be wrong with my graphic card's drivers or my latop was not using the switchable graphics feature properly.

When I came onto amd.com I saw that a new version of Catalyst had came out in April (14.4) so I naturally installed it right away. Needless to say... I have not been able to use my computer properly since. It boots extremely slow, loading webpages takes forever, and windows itself seems to have been seriously hindered by whatever I installed.

Then I get the error message "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly..." 

I have not tried to play a game since getting that message because I am assuming it will not work. I have uninstalled all AMD products and reinstalled them 3 times now and nothing has worked. Stilli getting the same messages...

I am aware other people have made topics about this, but I could not understand the intructions on how to fix it very well as I am not an expert at computing. If anyone knows a solution to fixing my graphics card please lay it out in a way that I can understand! Thank you!

I am using an HP Envy 17 btw and have the Radeon HD7850. Let me know if you need anymore information.

07/01/2014 03:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
backFireX64
Ubergeek

Hello.

See this:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=160419&enterthread=y

and this:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=175451&enterthread=y

Try the 14.6 RC2 june23 driver as well.

-------------------------

gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2, core i7 975 3.9ghz (stock voltage), windows 8.1 64-bit, corsair 12gb DDR3 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 RAM, xfx HD 5970 + gigabyte HD 5970 (950mhz/ 1100mhz), coolermaster ultimate 900w PSU.
amd catalyst 14.12 Omega Driver

Statistics
88967 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.