Topic Title: Mobility Radeon HD 5730 Driver
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/24/2014 04:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/24/2014 04:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nsechs
Peon

I am unable to update my graphics card with the latest driver and software for my computer.  When I attempt to do this, the whole system crashes and give the wonderful blue screen of death.

I even attempted updating the driver in safe mode. When finish, I restart the computer normally and as it is loading the computer monitors shuts off, resets, loads again, and then crashes the entire computer giving the wonderful blue screen of death.

Now, I was able to get back into safe mode and rolled back to the previous driver but every so often the screen flashes, blanks out, and resets. Then I get a pop up window stating that the driver isn't working properly. Something happen when I updated the driver, what I do not know.

I downloaded the Automatically Detect software directly on AMD website, and it pop up 14-4-mobility-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql. Which is what I was attempting to install.

What can I do to fix this? Would like to run on the latest driver.

Computer information 

Lenovo Y560

Operating system: Windows 7 home 64 bit

Graphics card: Mobility Radeon HD 5730 

-curent graphics card driver verson 8.752.0.0

08/24/2014 06:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Probably you used express install....that gives you "Gaming Evolved aka raptr. Go to your computer 'remove a program' and uninstall Gaming Evolved'...then go into your registry (regedit) and do a file search for   raptr ...there will be several to delete. Then follow the directions for a clean install of your drivers. Do not use Express Install, use Custom and uncheck the box next to Gaming Evolved. Or, you can use System Restore to a point before you tried updating. Then leave it alone as you will see minimal benefit, if any, for your graphics.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Statistics
85502 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.