Topic Title: Green screen ATI Mobility Legacy 13.9 driver
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/31/2014 12:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/31/2014 12:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Silverwolf
Peon

Hi everyone.

I've an Aspire 5535, processor AMD Athlon X2 QL-62, with chipset 780G, southbridge SB700 and ATI Mobility HD3200. With Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

Whenever I play a 1080p in VLC with hardware acceleration I get a green tile and no video but the sound works ok. This also happens in 1080p flash videos in Youtube.

The 720p videos work ok, altough this green screen also happens rarely if I leave the video playing in the background and switch to another task/program. The image on the video recovers if I advance or rewind the video a few seconds.

I if disable hardware acceleration the 1080p videos play ok but hang after a few moments, the 720p play just fine.

I believe it's something codec related to this driver as it only happens in HD videos, everything else like 3D apps and games work fine.

Things I've tried so far:

- Other players, Bsplayer green tile, MPC-HC no video at all.

- Install Ubuntu Linux with official ATI drivers, green tile.

- Uninstall ATI driver, new install, green tile.

- Older ATI drivers, green tile.

- Uninstall ATI driver, delete all related folders from the system and "AMD" and "ATI" from all the folders in the windows registry, new install, green tile.

- new windows install, green tile.

- windows WHQL driver for HD3200, partly image and green artifacts hangs after a few seconds.

- tried to uninstall windows update KB2670838, green tile.

I tried pretty much everything to no success. Please help!!

Here's a picture from the issue:

Statistics
85779 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.