I've an Aspire 5535, processor AMD Athlon X2 QL-62, with chipset 780G, southbridge SB700 and ATI Mobility HD3200. With Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.
Whenever I play a 1080p in VLC with hardware acceleration I get a green tile and no video but the sound works ok. This also happens in 1080p flash videos in Youtube.
The 720p videos work ok, altough this green screen also happens rarely if I leave the video playing in the background and switch to another task/program. The image on the video recovers if I advance or rewind the video a few seconds.
I if disable hardware acceleration the 1080p videos play ok but hang after a few moments, the 720p play just fine.
I believe it's something codec related to this driver as it only happens in HD videos, everything else like 3D apps and games work fine.
Things I've tried so far:
- Other players, Bsplayer green tile, MPC-HC no video at all.
- Install Ubuntu Linux with official ATI drivers, green tile.
- Uninstall ATI driver, new install, green tile.
- Older ATI drivers, green tile.
- Uninstall ATI driver, delete all related folders from the system and "AMD" and "ATI" from all the folders in the windows registry, new install, green tile.
- new windows install, green tile.
- windows WHQL driver for HD3200, partly image and green artifacts hangs after a few seconds.
- tried to uninstall windows update KB2670838, green tile.
I tried pretty much everything to no success. Please help!!
Here's a picture from the issue: