Topic Title: 4870x2 tv out washed out colours?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/13/2012 07:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/13/2012 07:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Terrox
n00b

I have vista 64 bit with 4870 x2 annd the 2.6 driver (latest if im right). And i am currently using what i would call a little odd setup.

I have connected first my benq monitor throught the normal dvi port nothing special here. I have then i have with catalyst duplicated to the tv out wich uses a tv out to composite converter(think it was included with the card). And then in to a hd pvr(http://www.avermedia.com/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=520) wich then goes through usb to my laptop. The reason is so i can capture/stream without fps loss. But my problem here is that when the screen is displayed at my laptop the colour is really off/washed out. For example blue is green and yellow is almost completly white . I can get the size to work and all (although i do know that crossfire doseant support duped screens) but i have tried to mix with the colour in catalyst but it stays almost the same.

Now my question is if it would be the 4870x2's fault or the hd pvr's(as linked above) fault? And is there anyway to fix that through catalyst or any other way(while keeping the colour on my pc monitor the same). And have anyone else experianced the same problem?

Also if you think it still would be washed out if i used some kind of dvi to component / dvi to hdmi to component adapters/converters?

-------------------------
<html />
 09/13/2012 09:11 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

So it goes from DVI to what I assume you mean is component (YPbPr), then a PVR, then USB to a laptop...Way to many conversions. It's not the card's fault.

AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 09/14/2012 03:56 AM

Author Icon
Terrox
n00b

nono, i have 2 cables going out from my card, one is a normal that goes out as a dvi from my card and in as a dvi to my m onitor without any converters.

The second one is one who goes out the tv-out (looks like s-vid, i think its called 7-pin mini-DIN) and imidatly through a 7-pin mini-DIN to component (YPbPr) converter (looks like http://images.geeksimages.com/imageshare/C/300x300/CBHDTV7P-unit.jpg) then into my hd pvr. So its just one adapter beforeit goes to my pvr. And thats my current setup.

The last thing i mentioned was a question if it would still loose colours if i for example used a dvi to hdmi to component so i can avoid the tv out if that was the problem.

<html />

Edited: 09/14/2012 at 06:57 AM by Terrox
 09/14/2012 07:33 AM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

S-Video to Component...that's going the wrong way in terms of quality (Coaxial --> RCA --> S-Video --> Component --> HDMI/DisplayPort). The less adapters you can use the better, and if you can eliminate the S-video portion do it.

AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 09/14/2012 10:10 AM

Author Icon
Terrox
n00b

its not going through alot of adaptors.

It only goes through one wich even was supplied by ati since it came in the box. And i cant eliminate the svid( wich actually is 7-pin mini-DIN as i said before) since its built in to the card( http://www.sweclockers.com/imagebank/200807/4870x2001.jpg?t=articleFull&k=bceb6f3c ).

And without the pvr i wouldnt even be able to get the picture to my laptop so its the most inportant thing.

The dvi i mentioned is not connected to the 7-pin mini-DIN in any way. It goes out from the card in the dvi port. The 7-pin goes out from the tv-out.

<html />
 09/14/2012 10:38 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Go get a DVI to HDMI converter and give that a shot.  They are not to expensive and should give you a quick result.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

09/14/2012 11:14 AM

Author Icon
Terrox
n00b

looks like i havent explained enough.

I send out from my pc through the tv out as visible in the middle in the I/O area here.

And in that tv out/7-pin mini-DIN i put in a 7-pin mini-DIN to component YPbPr converter that looks like this.

then i connet it to normal component YPbPr male/male cables wich i hope doseant need a picture.

Then i put the component YPbPr cables into my hd pvr ( http://www.avermedia.com/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=520 )

And then i use a usb cable from the hd pvr to the laptop and the image shows on the software that came with the pvr. There is nothing wrong with the resolution or or scale or anything. The only thing wrong is that the colours are really off like i said in the first post.

So tl;dr. 7-pin mini-DIN graphics card I/O -> 7-pin mini-DIN to component YPbPr adapter -> HD PVR YPbPr in -> Laptop with USB. And the result is colour loss.

<html />
 09/14/2012 12:47 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

I understand, I used to have 2 of them.  Get a DVI to HDMI converter and try that.  You may just have a bad cable there or something.  This would be an easy way to get it working......quick and painlessly. 

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

09/14/2012 05:42 PM

Author Icon
Terrox
n00b

ok, ths was kinda stupid by me, but i tried my second adapter and now the colour is all good

On kinda another note. Since i have to play in windowed/without crossfire to get display on the laptop. Do you think a dvi splitter > dvi to hdmi adapter > hdmi to component active converter would work?(reason i dont get dvi to component its that its to hard to find/expensive). I have gotten so far to get a dvi splitter so i know that works.

<html />
 09/15/2012 12:30 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Not sure what to tell ya there Terrox.  You'll have to wait for someone else to drop in here and lend a hand.

Cheers!

Statistics
88769 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.