Topic Title: Installation of 12-6-legacy Win 7 (Not admin?)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/04/2012 01:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/04/2012 01:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ciaran Doherty
n00b

Hi, I am trying to install and update my Radeon HD 3850 drivers. After installation it reads something like, Complete but with problems. After reading the error report it states the driver and HDMI driver were not updated because I am NOT an administrator or from a login of administrative authority. I have tried to re-run the installation with admin right by right clicking and clicking on "run as admin," same error. I checked my account (Win account) details and as I thought, administrator. I have complete authority on my account and am finding this very frustrating. I have drivers installed from mid 2011 and after the last attempted update realized none of the installs have been successful because of this ridiculous problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
 10/04/2012 03:37 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Please read the thread below and revise your post to include the requested information in detail. Doing so will help us help you more efficiently.

Thanks in advance...

**STICKY** | PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Please use the template, and fill out as much information about your issue as possible.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

10/08/2012 07:51 AM

Author Icon
Ciaran Doherty
n00b

Sorry my system spec etc...

ATI Radeon HD 3850 - Driver date: 03/10/2011(Seriously needs an update)

STM3250318AS ATA Device 232gb (Think this is me HD)

Intel Core 2 Duo 4300 @ 1.80GHz

AMD High def Audio

2gb RAM

32-bit Win 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

I am sure this is enough information.  Sorry if its not am not that sure how to find anything else out.  Like I said, the display drivers are well out of date and seriously need an update.  No matter how I open the installation it just won't seem to realise I am the administrator with full rights even when run as administrator.  Please help.

Statistics
81005 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.