Topic Title: Blank Screen Radeon HD 4650 graphics card
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/17/2012 08:59 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/17/2012 08:59 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Raemun
n00b

Sorry if it seems rushed or if there's already a post on this topic. Kind of wrote this on the fly since I was rushing to leave the house.

I have a problem with my graphics card, a while ago it started telling me that the manager wasn't up to date for the card, so I updated it, but I continued to get that message (well the message was something along those lines, I should've written it down) but it ran fine, then I realized that when I shut down my computer, it would take three whirs before it booted up, like it would "rev" once, click off, another time click off and finally it would boot. Now yesterday it did the same thing, except the screen never came on, thought maybe it was the ram stick, took out one, still nothing, disconnect my harddrive still nothing - as you can see, I really wasn't too keen on having to disconnect my graphics card - but finally I disconnected the card and voila the ***** boots, so I used onboard graphics. 

So my thing is like is my card fried or have the drivers disappeared or something? And before I forget, you know how windows makes that sound when something has been plugged out? That happened when I first got the problem with no screen. Soon as it booted, that sound was heard and no screen - monitor button was orange - 

My PC specs:

Dell Inspirion 530

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
3 GB R.A.M 
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20GHZ processor
*sniffle* no graphics specs think it's like 1 Gig onboard though, not quite sure. But any help would be much appreciated.  

10/23/2012 05:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I think you may have a defective graphics card that is giving no video output.  With the video card installed (and the monitor connected to it) you should get a display.  For example, you should be able to see the BIOS, and POST Messages. 

I am sure your motherboard's BIOS is set up correctly to use the video card when you have it installed, but you may want to double-check that.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
87458 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.