Topic Title: no 3d settings in Catalyst Control Center
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/26/2012 03:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/26/2012 03:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
omah1975
Peon

I have just installed Windows 8 today and there seems to be no way to change the 3d settings for my graphics card using Catalyst Control Center, I have an HD3000 graphics card. Is this a known bug and if so is there any way to fix it?

10/26/2012 06:30 PM

Author Icon
omah1975
Peon

If anyone is interested I got in contact with AMD about this and they claim the card is too old to fully function, I think this is appalling as I have only had the card about a year.

10/26/2012 09:23 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: omah1975 If anyone is interested I got in contact with AMD about this and they claim the card is too old to fully function, I think this is appalling as I have only had the card about a year.

Considering the HD3xxx series debuted back in late 2006-2007 and where we are at now, the HD7xxx series....almost to HD8xxx series.  I would say yeah, it is pretty old and you really should not expect much out of the card.  You should really look at upgrading to something current.

Sorry, don't mean to come off rude but that is an old card when it comes to computer tech.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
85373 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.