Topic Title: AMD Overdrive Fan Speed issues 12.6 HD4xxx
Topic Summary: The CCC will no longer let me into the Overdrive section.
Created On: 11/01/2012 05:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/01/2012 05:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SpitfireSMS
Peon

Graphics Card
- Saphire Radeon HD 4870

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History

Operating System
- Win7 Pro x86 - installed just a few days ago, issue started with this fresh install

Issue Details
- http://imgur.com/a/VvecY

I don't use Overdrive for anything more than to change the fan speed, my clocks are all stock.

For whatever reason, the Overdrive section of the CCC becomes inaccessible as soon as I hit agree to the terms. It literally just disappears from the left panel of options(see screens). I have googled this issue, and it appears to have something to do with the AMD Feul Service, which does not even appear to be installed.

I am been able to get back into Overdrive only by reinstalling the CCC altogether, but once my computer restarts the issue re-occurs. I have been having to reinstall the CCC every time I want to change my fan speed in order to start up a game, and its getting very annoying. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Nvidia nForce 680i LT

Power Supply

- Corsair tx650w

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Samsung syncmaster 932bw 21" DVI

Applications and Games

- Catalyst Control Center issue, none so far with games other than overheating from not being able to change the fan speed

CPU Details
- Intel Q6600 2.4GHz not OC'd

System Memory Type & Amount
- 4GB DDR2 6400

11/03/2012 03:45 PM

Author Icon
overturn95
n00b

This also happen to me. What I had to do was use Driver Sweeper (now called Driver Fusion) and deleted the AMD Display drivers from there. But first remove the driver from Programs and Features in Control Panel. It may also be needed to use Driver Fusion in Safe Mode. After doing all that and reinstalling 12.6, AMD OverDrive worked pefectly. 

11/07/2012 05:55 PM

Author Icon
SpitfireSMS
Peon

Thanks for your reply, I will try this, hope for the best, and report back.

11/17/2012 07:29 PM

Author Icon
SpitfireSMS
Peon

Well, I tried driver sweeper and it basically made the CCC unfunctional. I haven't been able to get back into it at all.

I found a utility tool called Speedfan that allows me to change the fan speed, which I have been using instead of the CCC. Still cannot get into the CCC, will probably just reinstall windows again, considering this is a fairly new install anyway. Thanks for your help.

Statistics
85773 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.