Topic Title: Auto-Detect and Install Problems
Topic Summary: I am using AMD's autodetect to find my hardware, and it does. But once installation starts it says its not there.
Created On: 11/08/2012 10:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/08/2012 10:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rnelsch
Peon

I was using the Autodetect feature to find the drives for my ATI7000 and the autodetect found the graphics card.  However when I go to install the drivers it gives me I get an error message:

Setup was upable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration.  Please make sure you have the required hardware or software.

But I know I have the correct hardware, I even used the autodetect????  I also completely unistalled the onboard display adapter so it wouldn't conflict with the card that we put in. 

How can I get around this?

-------------------------
 11/08/2012 10:32 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Hi...you need to supply some basic information about your computer before anyone can try to be of assistance.

Please supply the following:

1. AMD graphics card(s)
2. Operating system
3. Processor
4. Power supply (make and model)
5. System RAM (amount)
6. If this is a laptop furnish make and model

NOTE: Laptop questions/issues should be posted in the Notebook Forum

http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=448&entercat=y

Also, you could read  http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=160417&enterthread=y   for additional information.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

11/08/2012 10:46 AM

Author Icon
rnelsch
Peon

1. ATI Radeon 7000

2. WinXP

3. AMD Dual Core 500B

4. 3Gigs of RAM. 

5. Desktop

11/08/2012 10:47 AM

Author Icon
rnelsch
Peon

Not sure on power supply but its sufficient for the type of card I have in there. 

11/08/2012 11:01 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Please download CPU-Z and GPU-Z run each program and take screen shots (Alt + PrtScn) of the different tabs and post them up here please so that we know specifically what you have.....generalizations do not work when trying to troubleshoot an issue, we need specifics.  For your power supply (PSU) open your case......look at the sticker on the power supply....and tell use who makes it and what the model number is.

If you can't be bothered with taking the time to provide the specific information that is being requested then we won't be bothered with trying to help you out.

Thanks in advance.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

11/08/2012 11:44 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I don't think the Power Supply is important given the particular issue you describe in your opening post.  The one big thing I am actually curious about at this point is the video card.  An ATI Radeon 7000 is about 10 years old, but an ATI Radeon HD7000 series is brand new! lol.  Can you confirm more details on the video card.

Is this in a laptop, or desktop?

Assuming desktop and HD7000 series, can you confirm you tried:

Catalyst 12.8 for Radeon HD7000 series on XP 32-bit
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
84147 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.