Topic Title: RADEON HD 5770 1 GB GDDR5 PCIe crashing Dell Studio XPS 9100
Topic Summary: System randomly shuts off and begins "beep code" for video card failure
Created On: 01/17/2013 04:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/17/2013 04:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rawdeal
Peon

Graphics Card
- VisionTek Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIe
- No Over Clocking

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Driver Packaging Version: 9.002-120928m-149042C-ATI
-Catalyst Version: 12.10
-Display Adapter Driver (under Window's Device Manager): 9.2.0.0
-History: Not sure how to determine history. I can say that the issue began prior to the most recent Catalyst update; I updated, and the problem continued.

Operating System
- Windows 7 (64 bit, 6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601)
- No additional operating systems also tested

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- DELL XPS 9100

Power Supply

- Stock power supply (unsure about the details)

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
(TRIPPLE DISPLAY)
1. Dell ST2210 (Displayport to DVI via DisplayPort to DVI-D Active Single-Link Adapter)
2. Dell ST2210 (HDMI to HDMI)
3. Dell ST220T (DVI to DVI)

Applications and Games
- Problem often occurs after startup when no applications have been opend. Don't run any games, just productivity software (eg, Word, Outlook, IE, etc.).

CPU Details
- Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.2GHz, 4 Cores, 8 Processors
- No over-clocking

Motherboard BIOS Version
- Dell Computer Corporation A02

System Memory Type & Amount
- Samsung, 12.3GB

Additional Hardware
- Everything is bone stock except for the 5770 video card and and an internal LG bluray burner (bring total bluray drives to 2)

Issue Details
- Overview: Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIe crashes Dell Studio XPS 9100 after startup. System randomly shuts off and begins sounding the "beep code" (6 consecutive beeps) indicating a video card failure. Noteably, I've been running the setup discussed herein for around two years without issue. This is the first major problem I've had.

-Frequency: Sometimes the issue presents immediately, sometime the computer will run for a while (up to 36 hours) before crashing again.

-Possible Related Problems: I don't know if these issues have anything to do with the video card problem, but after rebooting from each crash, Windows denotes the following error messages:

1. in the Action Center: "PCIExpress has stopped working properly." (Every time);

2."The version number of the component "HydraDMHY.DLL" (4.0.66) does not match the component "HudraDM.EXE" ()..." (Sometimes)

- Trouble Shooting Attempts:
1. I disabled Hydravision due to the error message mentioned above (problem continued)

2. I disconnected one of the three displays (i.e., the DVI to DVI). This seemed to resolve the issue as the computer would no longer crash. Moreover, when I would reconnect the thrid display, the computer would eventually crash again and continue doing so until I disconnected the monitor.

Fix Needed:
Obviously disconnecting one of my three monitors provides a temporary fix; however, I would like to trouble shoot the problem so that I can reconnect all three monitors.

-------------------------
Statistics
85576 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.