Topic Title: Display problem with Harrison effects GUI, Ubuntu 12.04
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/21/2013 04:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/21/2013 04:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ttoine
Peon

Graphics Card
AMD A6 with HD7000 (fm2)

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
AMD driver available in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS -> display problem
latest available AMD driver on the AMD website -> the plugins and hosts application crash 

Operating System
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS amd64

Issue Details
Harrison Essential LV2 effects pack are cross platform (Mac, Win, Linux) and are using OpenGL for GUI display. On my AMD A6 workstation the effects GUI are not stable, they winks.
When I tried the latest driver available for download on the AMD website, the trying to display the effects GUI crash the effects and the hosts (in this case, the host is Harrison Mixbus) 

Motherboard or System Make & Model
Gigabyte FM2 motherboard

Power Supply

Antec 500W discret power supply, in an Antec P180 box

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
Philips V-line 226V3LSB25 with hdmi -> dvi-d cable, 1920x1080

Applications and Games

Harrison Mixbus, LV2 plugins Harrison Essentials pack audio effects, current version available on their website
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/website/purchase.html

CPU Details
AMD A6 black edition, no overclocking

Motherboard BIOS Version
?

System Memory Type & Amount
 4Go RAM Kingston DDR3 1600, 2x2Go

Additional Hardware
RME HDSP 9652 pci audio card

Additional Details
Other LV2 effects like Linux DSP, Invada or Calf plugins are displayed well in Harrison Mixbus. The same Harrison Essentials plugins 
works well on a different workstation, with the same Ubuntu install except nVidia restricted driver.

Harrison seems to be aware of a small problem with Open GL and AMD driver in Linux, they told me to try different drivers or try to see with AMD support. I tried to change the different options in the Catalyst driver without changing anything. Maybe is it because the new HD7000 are not full supported by the current Linux driver available in Ubuntu ?

I need to fix that if possible because the workstion is for audio production in a recording studio. Not being able to use the very good sounding effects of Harrison is a major bug for us.

I like AMD hardware, wwe choose it for the performance in audio recording after several tests it is very cost effective.

I am a bit disapointed.  I just hope that I will not have to sell this brand new workstation and go for Intel or nVidia...

-------------------------

blog.ttoine.net - Ubuntu Studio

Statistics
84880 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.