Topic Title: HDMI Audio not detected.
Topic Summary: HDMI Audio not working.
Created On: 04/07/2013 04:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/07/2013 04:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Celticknight
Peon

I have been having this problem with my HD7970 since I got it.
I have the graphics card plugged into my Sony Theater system, and the 24in Asus LCD on my desk. The Sony system is connected to the computer over HDMI.

Every time I disconnect power to the Sony, or switch modes from HDMI computer, to anything else, the computer stops detecting the presence of the sony!!

This is remedied by re-installing the graphics driver pack. This wouldn't be a problem, but it's doing this 3 to 5 times a flipping week!!

At no time is the Sony ever being unplugged, only it's modes changed! Why does my cards HDMI sound output keep failing!?!

It's detecting the Sony's connection and the display works, but the soundcard fails to recognise the connected device!

Help! No other forum, or any other person can seem to give me a reasonable answer as to why it's doing this, or offer any solution.

My system details.

Intel i7-3930 (stock clock). 

Asus HD7970 4GB. (stock clock) (drivers: 9.12.0.0)

Thermaltake PSU

AsRock Extreme4 Mobo (nothing unsual here) 16GB Gskill memory, all stock.

5 spin drives varying sizes, OCZ 160GB SSD. Nothing special.

Fairly straitforward build, i've done nothing to it that could affect this current problem. (the problem is almost certainly driver related!)

04/22/2013 04:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
augustuss
Peon

I have a similar problem. I has an Onkyo Home Theater system connected to a Shapire 7950 with and HDMI cable. When I turn of the Onkyo to hear de sound by the tv, or the system turn of the screen, a message appears indicating that something in the sound system has changed.

I need to restart windows or configure the 5.1 channels manually when turn on again the Onkyo.

In adition to this, I has no sound in Windows until I start a game or a movie. If I look at the sound properties in the Onkyo, it is swapping betwind no sound and something that I can not read because shows to fast. When I start a game or a movie, the sound properties shows the 5.1 input and output. Sometimes playing or watching a video, the sound has a liitle cut, about a second and then continues normally.

I also has an I7 with an Asus z77 motherboard with the realtek motherboard sound disabled from bios.

Statistics
87442 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.