Topic Title: XFX Radeon HD 4650
Topic Summary: Drivers
Created On: 04/09/2013 01:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/13/2013 11:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
markdm2
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee Have you tried the xfx website?

Yeah, their support website is useless.

I gave up trying to force it to work with XP, and installed Windows 7. I eventually got it to install with the correct drivers, unfortunately my motherboard doesn't support Windows 7 so any time the graphics card was actually put in use I got a Blue Screen.  There was a supposed hotfix from microsoft that corrected the issue, and after several updates to security following that, I was still in the same situation.  I've, for the time being, given up on installing that particular video card in my system.  I've currently got a Geforce FX 5200 (128mb) installed, which is a drastic downgrade, but at least the system is stable.

04/13/2013 03:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: markdm2 Yeah, their support website is useless.

Well, it was hard to believe this, but I check it and I agree.

The modding part can still work. This is how you do it:

1. Put the card into your computer.

2. Open the device manger and check the properties of your card. Look up its hardware id, which can be found on the details tab (select hardware ids), and looks like "PCI\VEN_*&DEV_*.......".

3. Download the latest cartalyst legacy for HD 4k cards which is made for your OS.

4. Look up the .inf file in the extracted package and open it with notepad.

5. Find the section where it lists cards with their hardware ids.

6. Find a random 4650 and replace the device id to the id of your card.

7. Save the file and try installing the drivers again. (Note: The digital signature will be gone, you'll get a prompt when attempting to install.)

Note: If the install manager doesn't want to install it, try installing manually through the device manager.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

AMD Support and Game » AMD Extended Support » XFX Radeon HD 4650

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
85444 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.