First, CCC did not tell you to update your drivers. It told you there was a update available...updating drivers is not a requirement, it is a option. As to why you have no settings available there are a couple of reasons why this could be...but until you furnish the info asked for in "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" it is impossible to do more than guess at a solution.
Please read the sticky "Read Before Posting".
We need to know:
1. Processor (I5-xxxx, A10-xxxx, etc)
2. Graphics card (HD6970, HD4850, Mobility, etc)
3. OS (Win7, Win8, WinXP, 32 or 64bit, etc)
4. Driver version (13.2, 12.10, etc)
5. Power Supply..list make and model (not just wattage)
7. Did your computer come with the OS and Graphics card you have now?
8. Monitor resolution (native), connected by (DVI, HDMI, etc)
If this is a LAPTOP please post in the correct forum...that would be the laptop forum http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=448&entercat=y
If your issue is resolved, be a helpful forum user and report back the steps that you used. It will help other users.
Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit *Gateway HD2401 24" 2ms 1920x1200 ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit *** Clevo W650SZ laptop Intel I5-4200m
* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *