Topic Title: Radeon HD 3450 - Realtek Sound Lost
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/01/2013 08:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/01/2013 08:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SpazRaven
Peon

Hello

So not to long ago I bought the Radeon HD 3450 for my Hp computer and it seems as tho I always loose Realtek sound and I cant get any sound to play through my speakers.

Heres the problem that happens:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU-73NoOnBoardAudioSound.aspx

.... but it doesnt give me the option to enable/disable speakers b/c its not there.

Info:

HP Compaq dc5750 Desktop PC
AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.0GHz, 2GB DDR2, 750GB HDD,
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Radeon Xpress 1150

Flatron L1750S Monitor

ATI Radeon HD 3450 256 MB Video Card 500 MHz 64-bit

I know I wont be able to use the HDMI from the card to my monitor b/c its doesnt have speakers on it but the resolution from the card works great and like it suppose to and makes the computer run alot faster. And at the moment its only installed with a Radeon Xpress 1150 which really isnt the greatest.

Ive tried everything I could think of to fix the problem but cant figure it out. Reinstalling the Realtek driver, connecting the VGA cable from the monitor to the graphics card and the monitor to the DVI-VGA adapter.

Lastly I also tried updating the graphics card but it still didnt change anything. I guess the only thing that is strange is when I install the Radeon HD 3450 into the desktop, the montior will show everything fine but when I plug in the VGA cable into the Radeon Xpress 1150 card the monitor turns black and nothing will show up. This is with both graphic cards installed.

Id appreciate the help if possible, thank you

Statistics
84840 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.