Topic Title: Heap of problems with HD4850
Topic Summary: BSOD's/Freezes/display "disconnected"/Graphical Glitches
Created On: 10/25/2013 09:26 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/25/2013 09:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Backstabber056
Peon

Hey everyone,Machiel the "Backstabber" here.

New to the forum,so please be gentle

Now,first off,if i placed the topic wrong or something equally similar,feel free to shuffle it around to where it belongs.

Now to the problem:

Ever since i've gotten my system,i've had problems. When i installed WIN7,minutes after first bootup? Crash. I had just gotten my "new" RadeonHD4850,and started replacing hardware whenever crashes were peekin' around and i had money. Half a year of replacing the stock CPU cooler and optical drives (hey,ya never know) later... I'm on the verge of desperation,as i have no idea what to replace. I don't have enoug money to keep replacin' stuff and hoping for the best... Seems like a PSU/Vidcard issue to me (MoBo might be in the conspiracy),as the crashes include:

-BSOD's: ATIKMPAG.SYS BCCODE 116. (.dmp file HERE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54236532/102513-17128-01.dmp )

-Graphical Glitches,as in part of the screen scrambled,pixels jumbled...funny thing is it only happens when it freezes,and even then only occasionally.

-Freezes,often preceded by the above point.

-Display reports it's disconnected just before the BSOD's.

And so i have come to thee,AMD/ATI forums,for thine help in this matter... What say ye?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions,mates

Machiel vW the "Backstabber056"

-------------------------

Owner of the Feather Creeps clan!
"He who is without sin may cast the first stone."

Statistics
87599 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.