Topic Title: AMD RADEON HD 4670 13.9 driver
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/18/2013 01:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/18/2013 01:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
robert22
Peon

I whant to play nfs rival and i get  error i dont know why i had updated my video card today and still have this error and when i go to dxdiag it shows me that i update my driver on 30-04-2013

11/18/2013 10:16 PM

Author Icon
samusprime89
Peon

sorry to tell you this, but AMD no longer supports the 4000 series GPU's, that card is very outdated, i also have a laptop with a radeon 4250 and there is no new drivers being made for it, i had to face the fact a long time ago, its time to upgrade

12/09/2013 09:38 PM

Author Icon
mondo-daktari
Peon

So whats with AMD then. I have a 3 yr old HP laptop running linux mint with a hd47xx vid card that I can't change out or upgrade without a lot of expense. I have to run Mint 13, in order to have decent graphics.

I know that there are thousands of us out there that have been shafted by AMD. We have been forced to stay behind as our OS's are upgraded or, in some cases, buy new laptops or vid cards.

At our house we have 3 desktop computers with Nvidia cards, one of them is about 6 yrs old, and there is never any issues when the OS is upgraded. They are all running Mint 15 with no issues. My own desktop is running an i7, 3.5g, 8 core processor with an AMD HD 7800 series vid on Mint 15 KDE. The vid was a pain to set up and it performs very poorly running for example, XPlane 10. All 3 of the other desktops with older, less expensive Nvidia cards easily out perform the AMD card playing Xplane 10.I have swaped cards around and the issues follow the card from computer to computer.

So If your saying I have to get a new laptop to be able to upgrade my OS, then I guess I will have to do that eventually. You can be sure it won't be an AMD though, I'd rather stay with something that is a little more progressive and offers support for its products.

Statistics
85779 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.