Topic Title: Legacy card, past CCC 13.1?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/05/2013 12:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2013 12:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
PlanK69
Peon

Hi there..

I have a problem... I have the Radeon HD4800 series card, but I read some posts on the internet that the lastest available drivers for this "legacy card" is CCC 13.1? Now here comes the problem... I just got Need For Speed Rivals, and it DEMANDS that I have CCC later than 13.4.. I downloaded the latest CCC and installed it, but it will not upgrade my CCC past 13.1... Now how am I supposed to be able to play this new game of mine, if it won't upgrade my CCC past 13.1?

Please help, otherwise I have wasted my money on this game and will have to take it back.. I also don't have money for a new card atm.. I bought this card about 5 years ago for $400 and It still runs all the games I play, but this is the first game I found that it does not even want to start-up in..

Your assistance is much appreciated.. I hope I can play this game somehow

12/05/2013 01:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ashleylai87
Peon

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

13.9 for legacy. You might have problem installing 13.9 if you already have 13.1 installed. The installer will not "update" the graphic drivers at all.

I shall inform you in advance about a peculiar bug in 13.9 Legacy. The included CCC is missing Video Settings panel.

So, here a simple instruction. You need to have both 13.1 and 13.9 setup files. Folllow exactly :

1) Control Panel, Uninstall a program, AMD Catalyst Install Manager, Express Uninstall All

2)Mandatory restart.

3)First install 13.9 legacy, select 'CUSTOM' installation. CHECK all box EXCEPT "CATALYST CONTROL CENTER"

4)Another mandatory restart.

5)Go delete the AMD folder at C:\  . THIS IS IMPORTANT.

6)Now, run 13.1 legacy and select 'custom' installation. CHECK ONLY 'CATALYST CONTROL CENTER'

7)Restart the system and you are done with it.

8) In case if GPU-Z reported OPENCL ERROR, can't remember what errors. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ for win-64bit or C:\Program Files\.
Delete the bugged "AMD APP" folder. Apparently, conflict of old and new opencl executable.

Edited: 12/05/2013 at 05:01 AM by ashleylai87
Statistics
89057 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.