Topic Title: Desktop color settings not present in CCC after upgrading to Catalyst legacy 13.9
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/07/2013 03:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/07/2013 03:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dusty-2011
Peon

Previously, I had the Catalyst legacy 13.1 drivers installed. Everything worked fine. Then I upgraded to the Catalyst legacy drivers 13.9 drivers. The option "Desktop management - Desktop color" (original Dutch text: Bureaubladbeheer - Bureaubladkleur) was no longer present in the Catalyst Control Center. I could no longer make changes to gamma, brightness and contrast (for R, G and B separately) that would apply to all my screens. Since this is the only place in CCC where you can adjust gamma I was unable to adjust gamma at all.

Also, my profiles (original Dutch text: Voorkeuzes) with custom settings for gamma, contrast and brightness no longer worked. I had one custom profile for my laptop screen and one custom profile for my external monitor connected via HDMI. Clicking on a profile didn't change any settings; gamma, brightness and contrast remained at the default values.

I solved my problems by deinstalling 13.9 Legacy drivers and reinstalling 13.1 Legacy drivers (I was lucky enough to find a copy of these on my hard drive).

My question is: did they remove the option to change color settings in the 13.9 Legacy Drivers? Or did I run into a bug which caused these settings to disappear? Or is there an incompatibility of some sort with my graphics card? Or is it likely that my installation was somehow corrupt? Should I file a bug for this issue at http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EBB?

My graphics card is an Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4570. I have a Dell Studio 1555 Laptop. I have Windows 7 x64 installed.

12/07/2013 07:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Laptop video cards are customized by the manufacturer, as are the drivers. By using the generic drivers you risk losing functionality, just like it happened to you. It's all written on the download page, if you take a closer look. AMD can't customize the generic drivers for any laptop, or they would no longer be generic. If they don't work, just go back to manufacturer provided drivers, which you are supposed to use officially.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
84906 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.