Topic Title: 'Could not load file or assembly 'CLI.Implemation' or one of its dependencies.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/20/2013 11:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/20/2013 11:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
irvsp
Peon

I'm on W8.1 and using a Legacy HD4870.

The 'normal' driver I had when running W8 worked OK, but NOT CCC. So I removed it (the best I could) and used the 13.4 beta. CCC worked then. The error I had been getting under W8.1 with the normal Legacy driver was:

---------------

'Could not load file or assembly 'CLI.Implemation' or one of its dependencies.

The system cannot find the file specified.

----------------

Well, installing the beta 13.4 did fix that.

However, I was getting FONT corruption, basic periodic smearing of the font in both FireFox and IE 11. So I decided I'd delete the beta and try using the MS supplied driver and forget about ATI's driver.

I can NOT get the MS default driver to stick? I can remove the ATI driver via the uninstall in both PROGRAMS and FEATURES or via the Beta SETUP doing a REMOVE, but W8.1 always finds an ATI 6/20/12 8,97.10.6 driver? Even Driver Sweeper that supposedly removes all remnants of the driver was used an W8.1 still finds that driver (is it shipped with W8.1?)?

So I install the normal Legacy driver, CCC gives the same error? Remove it, Reboot, install the Beta 13.4, same thing?

It WAS working before?

Is there anyway to fix this?

12/20/2013 05:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
irvsp
Peon

Well, I decided to use Display Driver Uninstall and try again.

Almost the same, even with this program, somehow W8.1 finds the ATI 6/20/12 8.97.10.6 driver? It might be what is included with W8.1? Using DDU it did go back under Safe Mode to the default Windows Display driver, and it held in Real Mode but only for a short time when Windows installed what it thought was a good driver for the card.

Since NO ATI driver was loaded by me I installed the 13.4 beta driver again.

This time, different results. Now CCC doesn't start, but a different message is display:

-----------------

Catalyst Control Center cannot be started.

There are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center.

----------------

Huh????

Statistics
85372 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.