Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: ATI 4250 updated with Win7 x86 Catalyst 13.9 causing "GTA San Andreas" & "Splash Pro EX" to freeze to Black Screen
Topic Summary: ATI 4250 updated with Win7 x86 Catalyst 13.9 causing "GTA San Andreas" & "Splash Pro EX" to freeze to Black Screen
Created On: 01/04/2014 01:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/04/2014 01:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Gurvender Bahia
Peon

ATI 4250 updated with Win7 x86 Catalyst 13.9 is causing "GTA San Andreas" & "Splash Pro EX" to freeze to Black Screen, have to restart the computer.

This is a REGRESSION.

But this 13.9  update has resolved "Angry Birds Star Wars II" from freezing/hanging.

Note: Angry Birds Star Wars II freezing/hanging didn't completely disabled the desktop, and the machine would continue to work after forcing the game to be terminated, but not in the case of GTA San Andreas & Splash Pro Ex, machine needs to be hard rebooted again.

UPDATE: Please ignore this for now, think this issue happened because I had enabled extreme option for gpu in Asus motherboard Bios, I think this enabled overclocking of the 4250 gpu & made it unstable under stress. I have now set it to Auto. For now Splash Ex isn't crashing the computer, & I also tried Gta & it also isn't causing any trouble. I'm sorry for this false alarm & would report this issue as resolved for now, thanks.

Edited: 01/04/2014 at 12:33 PM by Gurvender Bahia
Statistics
84311 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.