I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 and my underscan issue has returned. I remembered from when I got my monitor to go into CCC and set the overscan. However this time when I went to the CCC there were no display options. The only options visible are Pinned, Presets, Performance, and Power. I've done a bit of reading on this forum and the web...heres what I have tried so far:
1. Downloaded and tried the latest 13.12 driver, the 13.11 beta driver, the latest Win8 and Win 7 drivers. Only the 13.12 drivers allows me to open the CCC.
2. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling .net4.5, and with and without .net 3.5 installed.
3. I tried searching for the 12.6 win7 driver as recommended by one post but could not find it.
4. I tried deleting the 001...006 reg keys and GUIDs
5. I tried changing the overscan underscan value in the above reg keys
6. I tried to find the option in displayfusion so I wouldnt need to deal with this
7. Few other things that I'm sure I'm not remembering right now...
None of these worked. During my ventures I did notice 2 interesting things.
The hardware driver in use never changes from the Windows ATI Radeon 4870 driver. This made me look closer at the files provided by AMD. What I found was that there are no display drivers for the HD 4800 series video cards in the package that says it is for the 4800 series video card. Wha WHa WHAAA..... come on guys.....
Anyone know where I can find the driver, or a legacy version, or has anyone gotten a 4800 series working on Win8.1?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.