Topic Title: screen resolution problems after installing driver updates
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/05/2014 12:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/05/2014 12:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
scooter60624
Peon

Graphics Card = ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History = I am not sure how to determine this?

Operating System = Windows Vista 64-bit

Issue Details - While running the game Bioshock Infinite on Steam, I got a message indicating that I needed to update my drivers.  I followed the link provided to the AMD Driver download page and downloaded the files 13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_32-64_hydravision.exe and 13-9-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe.  I ran both of these installs, and something changed in my screen resolution, and I cannot figure out how to get my screen resolution back to what it was.  I have tried going into the control panel and resetting the screen resolution to every possible setting, but none of them seem to be what I had before.  Previously I had nice, large, clear images and text, but now every setting either has very tiny images/text and/or the images are distorted or have poor resolution.  I also tried selecting my monitor's native resolution and increasing the DPI to 120, but this also did not give me the screen resolution I have always had.  I tried doing a system restore to time points before I installed the AMD drivers, but I keep getting a message saying that there was an error and the restore failed.  Is there anything else I can do to restore the previous screen resolution I had?

Motherboard or System Make & Model Dell 0R849J

Power Supply
= not sure?

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used = Gateway LP2424

CPU Details = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU  920 @ 2.67 Ghz

System Memory Type & Amount = 4.0 GB

Statistics
85751 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.