Topic Title: Ati Radeon XFX HD 4850
Topic Summary: Facing Glitches, Red lines on the screen.
Created On: 02/16/2014 09:22 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/16/2014 09:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Overd0se
Peon

Graphics Card:

Ati Radeon XFX HD 4850

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History:

Catalyst Control Center 13.1 Latest(Using Currently), Previous versions.

Operating System:

Windows 8.1 Enterprise x 64 Bit.

Issue Details:

It was working fine lately till the last month, but after the software update to the latest one i have started to encounter different problems like sometimes sudden restarts and most common problem my screen freezes  and turns blue with a Windows error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE then begins the countdown for restart but nothing happens after the countdown finishes. More than that i see red vertical lines on the screen, sometimes they disappear but not for long and as they come back i fail to start the computer as it do not fully boot and after Windows loading it crashes and displays the same windows error and because i have to restart again and again but the same lines appear on the screen and the windows gives the same error repeatedly. The card gets also over heated very quickly.

I have been using this specific Graphic Card for longer period more than a year but never encountered such problems,  i even used Windows 8 consumer preview and lately Windows 8 too for a long time but never faced any difficulties but all of a sudden these problems started to rise after the last update i did, i am not sure if the driver is causing the problem but i just have a feeling of it.

I have played several games on it like, Assassin's creed 3 , NFS Hot Pursuit, Fifa 11, Nfs Most Wanted(All parts), Warcraft, GTA Sanandreas, GTA IV, Command And Conquer Generals and more.

Motherboard or System Make & Model:

Intel Dh77eb.

Power Supply:

Corsair VS650.

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used:

DELL 1908FP(Digital) LCD.

Applications and Games:

GTA Sanandreas Multiplayer, the error occured the first time when i was playing this game and after that the error came up on most of the games even normally when i wasn't playing any game.

CPU Details:

Intel Core i3-2100 CPU 3.10 GHz

4GB RAM.

Additional Details:

I use Avast Antivirus and i have done system scans to check for viruses, i have even reinstalled the Windows in order to aviod the error the problems stays.

I have been searching for the solution of this problem since a long time and i require a solution asap to get this problem solved.

Other than that i have been reading about the news of adding the HD 4000 series in the legacy series and it won't be recieving updates constantly, i want to know what's the reason for it as i see this series is not as old as they say and due to this many problems are arising for many users which is not accept able i guess, if the community cannot provide the drivers on monthly basis than they should atleast provide working and efficient drivers without bugs and error so that we continue using the card without complications.

I expect a quick reply and a soultion asap.

02/16/2014 12:16 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Maybe because the 4k series is not supported under 8, especially under 8.1. Revert to windows 7 or buy a new card.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

02/16/2014 12:24 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

If it worked fine until you updated the drivers, why not go back to the previous set? A 4 year old card isn't going to get any faster.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 02/16/2014 07:35 PM

Author Icon
Overd0se
Peon

Thanks for the quick reply.

Black_Zion,

I am not expecting it to be any faster than it is right now, all i want from it is to atleast stay compatible.

Eydee,

You are right maybe but it worked fine before. I have used Windows 8 consumer preview and Windows 8 64 bit too for a longer period but never faced any difficulty in the past other than that i could play some heavy games on it too. And about going back to the Win 7 thing, i have no problem in doing that but that case is not the same anymore, the graphic card cannot even boot into the windows smoothly so that i can apply the old or the new drivers on it, it usually crashes after Windows loading.

Red vertical lines appear on the screen(sometimes they disappear) but as the windows finishes loading the graphic card crashes with a windows error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and bearly makes it to the User Account.

I would be really thankful if you could help me out.

02/17/2014 07:16 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Firs try booting with a linux live cd to make sure the hardware is fine.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
84274 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.