Topic Title: Minecraft and AMD 700 Series IGPs (AMD Radeon HD 2k, 3k and 4k)
Topic Summary: This topic discusses the recent issues with Minecraft and older AMD (=ATI) cards
Created On: 02/21/2014 11:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/21/2014 11:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Galaxy_2Alex
Peon

Hello!

I'm Galaxy_2Alex from the Minecraft community and I've recently discovered a graphical glitch with certain graphics cards from the AMD Radeon HD 2xxx, 3xxx and 4xxx, more specific the IGP ones (List). I have two reports, one from someone with an Radeon HD 4200 one one with Radeon HD 4250 (so it might only affect certain 4k cards), both have the so-called "Invisible world" bug (like this: http://imgur.com/a/206qB#0), which is NOT caused by the Beta drivers (because the Beta drivers are not available for these cards as far as I know), the drivers are the latest for these cards (13.9). This also only affects the newest development versions of the game, the full release works fine(More information on the whole topic + some test results from other cards: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1ygdx4/bug_tracker_team_needs_your_help_to_check_on_a/)

...no, this can not be fixed by Mojang. I talked to MogMiner, who is responsible for the rendering in the game, and he said that it's basically AMD's side that is not working correctly. So, I have some questions...

1. Is there any kind of report service for reporting such bugs? Because these cards are only 4 1/2 years old and should still be supported, and as far as I can tell, alot of people will be affected.

2. Does reporting it even make any sense? Because I'm certainly sure that AMD is not going to do anything about it, as their OpenGL support is, as far as I heard, very poorly done. But, as stated, this would affect a lot of people.

Thank you for answering in advance, let's hope we can solve this issue. Any information needed will be provided as soon as possible.

Greetings

Galaxy_2Alex

02/26/2014 01:25 PM

Author Icon
Ray@AMD
Forum Moderator

This issue has been resolved with the Catalyst 14.2 beta driver.

I stand corrected. This only applies to Radeon HD5K and higher products.

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Edited: 02/26/2014 at 03:33 PM by Ray@AMD
 02/26/2014 02:31 PM

Author Icon
Galaxy_2Alex
Peon

The 14.2 Beta driver are not available for HD 2k, 3k or 4k models as you might know. This is not the same issue as the common iulssue thaz has been fixed in 14.1, and I said that in the main thread.

02/26/2014 02:47 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Amd moved the 2xxx, 3xxx, and 4xxx series graphics cards to legacy status quite some time ago. Posting the same question over and over again will not get a different answer...especially in a peer-to-peer gaming forum. If you want to post a suggestion to people who have those cards...suggest they go to Guru 3D and look at all the post with solutions to the issue...namely, modding the drivers. Google would have found this.

http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

*  Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati *

Statistics
87497 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.