Topic Title: BIOS updating
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/27/2014 08:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/27/2014 08:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
line
Peon

Hello,

I'm not sure this is properly place to ask, but I don't have better idea

I want to check if I should update my BIOS (if newest version is available). I googled for it and in every site they advice "download software from vendor site".

My BIOS vendor is AMI, but they say that they don't provide updates for non-AMI motherboards (http://www.ami.com/Support/amibiossupport/). And my motherboard is ATI, which as far as I understand was auired by AMD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_Technologies) - so I'm posting here, because on AMD site I cannot find any updates to BIOS.

Where should I look for it?

Thanks a lot.

Eve

02/27/2014 08:59 AM

Author Icon
zipsi
Elite

With BIOS you should stay true to the principle "if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it". Do you really need to update? Did you get a new cpu that isn't supported by the older bios? Are going experiencing a bug that can be fixed by a new bios? If not then there is no reason to update. And ATI/AMD doesn't make motherboards, your motherboard only has their chipset on it.. and you didn't specify your motherboard model as well.

-------------------------
Intel I7 3770K @ 4.5ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Gigabyte HD7970 ghz edition, 4x4gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2133mhz, Seasonic Platinum 860, Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Black 1TB, WD Green 3TB+1.5TB, ASUS Xonar Essence ST, ASUS VE278Q, Windows 3.11
 03/08/2014 01:20 AM

Author Icon
line
Peon

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Thank You very much... I was trying to find it out for so long... Maybe too long :) You're right, my motherboard vednor is actually MSI.

Statistics
84892 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.