Topic Title: Anti-Aliasing IQ & Performance Comparison (7 Types Tested)
Topic Summary: Benchmarks article
Created On: 12/12/2012 08:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/12/2012 08:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

It’s been almost 10 months since I started a poll asking you what is your favorite kind of Anti-Aliasing. Most of you (24% – 300 people) selected FXAA, it’s easy to understand why, in the last year or so, FXAA (Fast Approximate AA) has become very popular and was implemented in a number of games like Skyrim, AC3, Dishonored, Borderlands 2 etc.

As the title said, in this article, I will test 7 types of Anti-Aliasing and combinations between them and the standard MSAA. Of course, when it comes to types of AA and combinations, the possibilities are endless, this article only scratches the surface. I will only go as high as 4x (8x for SuperSampling)

To understand what Anti-Aliasing really does, how it works and what are the exact differences between them would take a couple of days of non-stop reading. I’m far from knowing all the intricate parts of AA, I’ll try to explain the principle behind it as best as I can.  http://benchmark3d.com/anti-aliasing-iq-performance-comparison-7-types-tested

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

*  Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati *

Statistics
87453 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.