Topic Title: PS-4 GRAPHIC CARD REPLY FOR PHYSCSX
Topic Summary: Heinous differences in graphics due physcs acceleration in and program coding in games has made the consumer really sad.
Created On: 06/10/2013 11:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/10/2013 11:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
arjunratnadev
Peon

Dear Sir,

I have a grave doubt that when you see the PS-4 press
conference of the Feb 13 the Sony official Mark Cerny said that the PS-4
CPU has 8 core X86-X64 and GPU has almost 2 Tera Flops computational
ability but plus the video shown here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtfCWYjOsvI which compares the PC version of
GTX 680 with PS4 console on Unreal Engine 4 performance, on the PC version
where the The Volcano guy hits the earth with his hammer is much similar
with the particle acceleration shown in the PS-4 press conference I mean
this video above has a much less particle acceleration as on PS-4 like for
example the Volcano Guy has Lava particles errupting on his back which is
ultimately looking more realistic on PC and when the door opens there is a
lot of snow dust rushing in and a fog of snow dust which awakens the
Volcano being is more realistic in the PC version than in PS-4, but in the
press conference video there is a lot of particle accesleration on the
Unreal engine 4 performace video on PS-4 and when in the beginning of the
Press conference U-4 video where the volcano guy hits the Earth I see a lot
of particles and also when the point comes where the Snow Monster awakens
there is a portion of Ice close to the left side middle below of the screen
where water is flowing on the melting Ice but when I see the Solo video on
the Youtube on the Unreal Engine performance on the PS-4 I donot see enough
particle acceleration and I do not see that flowing water effect on the
Leftside middle below screen where the Ice Monster awakens can you explain
this anomaly please and also clarify if the PS-4 will have individual 8
cores of the AMD or a Quadcore with 4 extra Logical Processors Like the AMD
Bulldozer Thank you.

06/10/2013 09:55 PM

Author Icon
Vantharas
Polygon Pusher

The PS4, just like the new Xbox one are both running on a custom APU designed with those companies. The PS4 one being more powerful (according to rumors). 

So basically a PC with a  radeon 7790 with a 8 core jaguar based CPU. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6976/amds-jaguar-architecture-the-cpu-powering-xbox-one-playstation-4-kabini-temash 

Clock speeds on both systems at this time remain unknown, as does the actual number of shader cores on the GPU's. The only real information out there is we are looking at 7790 ~ similar based GNC 2.0 performance, and systems based on custom 8 core jaguar APU's. 

The real bonus here is that the new games should actually take advantage of AMD CPU's. Previously only well coded games like BF3 which was fully multithreaded would get on par performance with an intel based system. Having AMD GPU's in all 3 new gen platforms and AMD CPU's in the Xbox, and PS4 should mean a good time for PC gamers. 

As far as you not seeing things looking exactly alike. The unreal4 demo was ran on a GTX680 system. Which is loads more powerful then current "new" generation consoles. And was running Nvidia's propertiary PhysX, which it doesn't look like it was running on the ps4 demo. Or if it was it was extremely dumbed down due to the lack of Nvidia cude processing on the PS4. 

I actually looked at it myself , looks like the PS4 demo was not useing PhysX at all. Which would explain it. 

-------------------------

I5 3570K@4~5.0ghz: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H:Corsair Hydro H110 :16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-3 1600: x2 XFX Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1575 : Corsair AX 860 PSU: x1 WD Black 1TB HDD's: 90GB Agility 3: 960GB SSD : Creative Labs X-FI:Corsair 500R Arctic White Edition:3 22inch Monitors Eyefinity @ 5294x 1050 : Alienware Tact-X Keyboard: Razer Naga :Corsair Vengence 1500 Headset: Corsair SP2500 Speakers

Edited: 06/10/2013 at 10:06 PM by Vantharas
 06/11/2013 08:05 AM

Author Icon
Vantharas
Polygon Pusher

As an update, it seems the PS4 is useing a GPU with 18 compute units. Which would put it having as many stream processors as a 7870. (well close to it). Meaning the PS4 for the time being is going to be more powerful graphically then the Xbox. (unless microsoft actually has kept hidden consumer information as far as what gpu to expect but I would imagine the current xbox rumors being true since microsof is bad a keeping secretes.) 

I5 3570K@4~5.0ghz: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H:Corsair Hydro H110 :16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-3 1600: x2 XFX Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1575 : Corsair AX 860 PSU: x1 WD Black 1TB HDD's: 90GB Agility 3: 960GB SSD : Creative Labs X-FI:Corsair 500R Arctic White Edition:3 22inch Monitors Eyefinity @ 5294x 1050 : Alienware Tact-X Keyboard: Razer Naga :Corsair Vengence 1500 Headset: Corsair SP2500 Speakers

06/11/2013 09:55 AM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

It's not the fact that there is an AMD compute unit in two consoles, it's the fact that now all 3 major consoles now use an x86 base, so we should no longer have the issues of very bad console ports using 5% CPU time for every 1% GPU time. Consoles can have physics, but it will not be nVidia's proprietary PhysX, but something like OpenCL. Consoles often have less effects than PC games because a console has fixed hardware whereas a computer can have many times more or many times less. Reports say the XBOX One has a $499 price tag and PS4 has a $399 price tag, subject to change between now and launch of course but more power for less money sounds good doesn't it?

AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
Statistics
87665 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.