Topic Title: Scanlines?
Topic Summary: I WANT scanlines
Created On: 08/26/2013 01:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/26/2013 01:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kuehnau
Peon

Hello, how are you all doing today? I am new here, so please just bear with me. 

I am running a desktop PC with Windows 7, 8GBs of ram and a AMD A10 APU. It suites my needs and I am happy wit h it.

So on to the question, I was playing Castle Crashers today and I thought to myself, "Man this would look awesome with scanlines".

When I looked online I was really surprised there was no software designed to emulate scanlines on my computer. I'd like to try and test it out and see how, well everything looked.

So, does anyone know of any software that would add some sort of video filter, for scanlines on my computer? I am talking about a constant video filter that is used in every instance I use the computer.  

I am well aware there is a hardware generator out there that does it, but it's expensive and is only VGA. I use HDMI and I don't really want to spend $100.00USD on something like that.

I also read that older Nvidia cards actually had a way to just add scanlines to your software drivers for their cards.

So, anyone got any idea I can achive what I want? 

-------------------------
- Kuehnau
Statistics
84333 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.