Topic Title: 7950 Display
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/15/2013 10:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/15/2013 10:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nVideOn
Peon

Hello everyone! Ok I'm running an AMD 7950 gpu, the card has 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, and 2 mini DP. I currently have 2 Dell 22" monitors with a vga and dvi input and also I have a 32 inch LCD tv. Im using an HDMI cable for the TV and using DVI for one of the monitors, then I bought a mini DP to DVI adaptor so that I can use the 2nd monitor with a DVI cable. The problem that i'm having is that I can't seem to get the 2nd monitor to work. I can see the monitor in the resolution page and in the catalyst software but it wont let me activate the 2nd monitor. Any ideas guys?

09/16/2013 02:47 PM

Author Icon
nVideOn
Peon

lol thank you for the no reply. I guess I need an active adaptor to make the 3rd output to work.

09/16/2013 07:06 PM

Author Icon
MisterEd
Nerfed

Originally posted by: nVideOn lol thank you for the no reply. I guess I need an active adaptor to make the 3rd output to work.

According to AMD you do require an active DisplayPort adapter for the 3rd monitor.

AMD Eyefinity FAQs
http://www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/TECHNOLOGIES/AMD-EYEFINITY-TECHNOLOGY/HOW-TO/Pages/faqs.aspx#active-passive-adapters

What are the basic requirements for connecting multiple displays?

Connecting multiple monitors for AMD Eyefinity technology couldn’t be simpler. There are four easy rules to remember:
1. The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort.
2. The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.
3. If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an inexpensive active DisplayPort adapter for it. DVI to DP adapters can be had for less than $30 USD.
4. Every family of GPUs supports a different maximum number of displays.

-------------------------

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX-8350 | Corsair H60 Cooler | GSkill RipjawsX (2x4GB) | ASUS GeForce GTX 560 | WD Caviar Blue 1TB | Seagate 750GB | ASUS 24X DVD/RW| Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
ASUS M4N82 Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X4 960T | Corsair XMS2(2x2GB) | PNY GeForce GTS 250 (1GB) | Seagate 300GB | Maxtor 200GB/250GB | Memorex 20X DVD/RW | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

Statistics
88939 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.