Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: Raptr installed while instaing ATI DRIVERS!!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/31/2013 09:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/31/2013 09:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kememeo
Peon

This junk is installed with the drivers, I notice after installed the drivers that a new app poop up, something called "amd gaming evolved", scaning my hard disk for games. This crap is not any optimizator is just that Raptr thing.

How low install that ***** with the offical drivers, how low! is not the 1st time that this crap is installed accidentally in my pc. Really I hope to get a new nvidia card and forget ATI. Each driver update is a surprise some games stop running good, IE: RAGE, CoD BO, and more which im not sure. AND now they install this crap, almost a malware, spyware, or call as you want. pure crap. Sorry my english im mad. bye all

10/31/2013 09:51 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

THEY didn't install it, YOU CHOSE to install it, so now CHOOSE to uninstall it, problem solved. That's what you get for choosing express and not custom.

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 10/31/2013 09:56 PM

Author Icon
Vantharas
Polygon Pusher

Its times like this I had the ability to delete a post. In case you didn't know which you obviously have no clue. The AMD Raptr software is akin to Nvidias Gefore optimizer. Both programs do the same exact thing So I don't see why you are crying.

Its not malware, its not spyware. To true enthusiast its just bloat ware. But to your average user, which is I don't know. 90% of people who buy PC hardware its a program they can take advantage Of.

I can't believe you decided to join the forums just to rant and not bothering being a productive member of it. 

I5 3570K@4~5.0ghz: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H:Corsair Hydro H110 :16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-3 1600: x2 XFX Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1575 : Corsair AX 860 PSU: x1 WD Black 1TB HDD's: 90GB Agility 3: 960GB SSD : Creative Labs X-FI:Corsair 500R Arctic White Edition:3 22inch Monitors Eyefinity @ 5294x 1050 : Alienware Tact-X Keyboard: Razer Naga :Corsair Vengence 1500 Headset: Corsair SP2500 Speakers

Edited: 10/31/2013 at 10:02 PM by Vantharas
 10/31/2013 10:38 PM

Author Icon
kememeo
Peon

Originally posted by: Vantharas Its times like this I had the ability to delete a post. In case you didn't know which you obviously have no clue. The AMD Raptr software is akin to Nvidias Gefore optimizer. Both programs do the same exact thing So I don't see why you are crying.

Its not malware, its not spyware. To true enthusiast its just bloat ware. But to your average user, which is I don't know. 90% of people who buy PC hardware its a program they can take advantage Of.

I can't believe you decided to join the forums just to rant and not bothering being a productive member of it.

is that nvidia optimizer nvidia software? or its just a third party junk with a diferent name and a skin.

and ¡s that nvidia thing within the drivers dowload?

I really doutb it, but no idea, just tell me. 

Also, how that ***** can be good for 90% (90% rly?) of users? It is based in their own configs, so they use the "optimizer" because they are dumbs but they get a config based in the config of others dumbs, what you're saying is silly. 

Anyway, is intolerable that after install your graphic driver, a third party software scans all your HD.

Sure, next time I will take care and choose custom install I dont want junk in my pc, who knows what is the next, a yahoo toolbar or something. 

Edited: 10/31/2013 at 11:00 PM by kememeo
 11/01/2013 07:24 PM

Author Icon
Vantharas
Polygon Pusher

What I'm saying is the people at AMD decided to use that software since Nvidia released there own Geforce zone. It helps optimise games to look as good as possible while giving the best smooth gaming experience possible. Is it perfect? No, Is Geforce zone? no. 

So if you want to sit there and call everyone "dumbs" then by all means do it. But if Nvidia can do it, so can AMD. I guess you are just calling everyone in the GPU industry "dumbs". (I mean after all they are the ones who run the numbers not you and have the millions of dollars to research it and see how its doing not you ) But I guess thats your right because you know better. 

And as far as 90% goes. Yes. Really. The software isnt aimed at people like Me or BZ. Its aimed at the people who walk into a store , buy a PC and take it home and want to play it.  

I honastly like it because it keeps people who know only how to google and say "omg my game is running so slow it should be so fast my pc is so good blah blah" Who really have no idea. Which is 90% of the people who use PCs. 

As far as 90% goes, thats from personal experience working in the PC industry for 17 years. Owning my own shop for 7, and just speaking with people .

For every *one* person who could at least tell me the difference between video cards. There was 7+ people who didn't have a clue. 

And with "Smart" devices taking off. I'm willing to bet that number is increasing easily considering that most of the local PC shops here have switched to include tablets / cell phones/ phablets and every other "small form factor" device out there.

I5 3570K@4~5.0ghz: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H:Corsair Hydro H110 :16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-3 1600: x2 XFX Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1575 : Corsair AX 860 PSU: x1 WD Black 1TB HDD's: 90GB Agility 3: 960GB SSD : Creative Labs X-FI:Corsair 500R Arctic White Edition:3 22inch Monitors Eyefinity @ 5294x 1050 : Alienware Tact-X Keyboard: Razer Naga :Corsair Vengence 1500 Headset: Corsair SP2500 Speakers

11/02/2013 10:16 AM

Author Icon
kememeo
Peon

You cant compare both cases because there is a HUGE diference between what Nvidia do and what ATI are doing. You should stop comparing this, nvidia have his own software there as an extra, ATI is including a third party software in their drivers download and this software is not just a useless optimizer. Its a third party software with diferent objetives than optimize your ingame experience, and you know that, obviusly you know that. I feel stupid trying to explain something which is obvius. 

Im not calling everyone dumbs, in fact you do it when you say that 90% has no clue about how to use his gaming PC. I dont trust your personal experience. Maybe 90% who buy a PC in a big stores has no clue about pc gamming, those people using Raptr sofware or without Raptr software cant move an actual game because those cards are crap. 

The 90% of people who buy a graphic card for gaming propose doesnt need those kind of optimizer, you trying to cheat yourself again, also you knew I was not calling people dumb and you tried to manipulate my post. I would like to write a better elaborate thread but my english is not enough, anyway sure someone will do it over there.

Edited: 11/02/2013 at 10:34 AM by kememeo
 11/02/2013 02:45 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

No, I'd say that he is pretty much correct that 90% of PC users (and at least that number of Mac users) pretty much have no idea what they're doing, else you wouldn't hear about people blowing power supplies by trying to pull 750w through a 500w unit, and viruses and malware would not be as widespread if people didn't click OK to everything without reading it and take simple precautions as using NoScript, and forums wouldn't have many of the repetitive posts and questions which could be answered by a two second internet search.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 11/02/2013 03:21 PM

Author Icon
kememeo
Peon

Originally posted by: black_zion No, I'd say that he is pretty much correct that 90% of PC users (and at least that number of Mac users) pretty much have no idea what they're doing, else you wouldn't hear about people blowing power supplies by trying to pull 750w through a 500w unit, and viruses and malware would not be as widespread if people didn't click OK to everything without reading it and take simple precautions as using NoScript, and forums wouldn't have many of the repetitive posts and questions which could be answered by a two second internet search.

In fact that software is just one more of those things that you mention which people install clicking ok to everything, me included but because never expect that from ATI oficial drivers. Oh the irony.

Edited: 11/02/2013 at 04:06 PM by kememeo
 11/02/2013 10:09 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Microsoft has Bing Desktop and Bing Bar, they're on every Windows Update, do you install them? Most free software has Yahoo/Google/Ask toolbar included in them, some even have Crome and AVG, and selected to be installed by default, do you install those? Most motherboard driver and utility CDs have Symantec or McAfee on them which by default is selected to be installed when you install the drivers, do you install them? If you don't, then why are you so uppity when you chose to install a potentially unwanted program? It's not malware or spyware, it's a potentially unwanted program, learn the difference.

11/03/2013 12:21 AM

Author Icon
kememeo
Peon

i have every windows7 update and no idea what are you talking about(anyway you cant compare with that), this is not a free software, well its free but we payed for our graphic card and we expect a proper service, I cant belive what im reading, now you compare it with freeware's junk, nice logic sir. I had many motherboards and its true that mcafee was in all of driver discs however it is not installed within the drivers in any of them, there was a driver section and utilities section in every driver disc I tried. Anyway you are trying to excuse it with other posible company who do it, and that is not the best excuse. I punch you, why? because that guy punched you. 

Finally I did not choose to install it, I just choose express install, I did not see any advise. Talking about graphic drivers I dont have any problem installing everything of the installer. I did it as I did since years. It was there well hide for spam everyone that junk, I know what kind of program it is, as I said is not the 1st time that its installed by bad move in my pc. Im done here, I respect all the opinions and im allways open to change my mind however I notice how silly is discuss anything negative with you. Obviuly wrong forum for this thread, this is obvius.

Edited: 11/03/2013 at 12:39 AM by kememeo
 11/03/2013 01:44 AM

Author Icon
Vantharas
Polygon Pusher

Originally posted by: kememeo i have every windows7 update and no idea what are you talking about(anyway you cant compare with that), this is not a free software, well its free but we payed for our graphic card and we expect a proper service, I cant belive what im reading, now you compare it with freeware's junk, nice logic sir. I had many motherboards and its true that mcafee was in all of driver discs however it is not installed within the drivers in any of them, there was a driver section and utilities section in every driver disc I tried. Anyway you are trying to excuse it with other posible company who do it, and that is not the best excuse. I punch you, why? because that guy punched you. 

Finally I did not choose to install it, I just choose express install, I did not see any advise. Talking about graphic drivers I dont have any problem installing everything of the installer. I did it as I did since years. It was there well hide for spam everyone that junk, I know what kind of program it is, as I said is not the 1st time that its installed by bad move in my pc. Im done here, I respect all the opinions and im allways open to change my mind however I notice how silly is discuss anything negative with you. Obviuly wrong forum for this thread, this is obvius.

He compaired it to both a paid Software, MS OS, and non payed Software. His logic is sound. Whats your issue with his comparison? lol. You seem to be upset he used both free and paid softwares in his comparison? or maybe he was incorrect to do so? 

You just seem to be upset that AMD is now useing a 3rd party program backed by them, which is not any form of any "ware" type software. Other then a free program thats for clueless people.

Yet you are just offended by the fact that AMD is installing it with there drivers now if someone use's the express install. Which is a a huge percentage easily of individuals.  And they are not catering to you , you seemed surprised and upset by the fact and its really nothing more then an unneeded rant about software you can easily uninstall if you don't want it. Yet you decided to troll the internet forums just so you could complain about it to someone who would listen.

11/04/2013 09:15 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

That's enough.  Thead Locked. 

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
86653 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.