Topic Title: AMD Gaming Evolves app is useless (now)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/18/2013 10:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/18/2013 10:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
samusprime89
Peon

Let me start off by saying that i appreciate AMD trying to compete with nvidias Geforce experience app, but the gaming evolved app is useless because all it does is change the in game settings, which is something that i can already do without an app, so why use it? as of now, only 3 of my games are even supported and the app doesnt detect half of my games, and even if i add it manually it says "no data found for this game". so the app is pretty much useless, I may suggest everyone look up an app called RadeonPro, its a hell of a lot better and you can have dynamic v-sync, This program isnt supported by AMD for some odd reason.

11/19/2013 10:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
msdos622wasfun
Buffed

Yeah, I just upgraded to an R9 280X, and with the new driver I downloaded this app was installed as part of the package.  I don't think I really mind it running, but I'm not sure I think of it as anything special at this point.  I'm used to changing settings myself.  But I do think it's neat how it kind of keeps track of how much time you spend gaming as well as how you rank compared to other people, etc.  I seem to recall it recognized quite a large chunk of my library, but like you mentioned, not every game seems to be supported yet.

-------------------------

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition | ASUS M5A99FX PRO | Corsair HX850W | 16 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD | Western Digital Caviar Black 2.0 TB SATA-3 | LG Blu-ray drive (SATA) | Gigabyte R9 280X | Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" LCD | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Cooler Master HAF XM | Corsair K65 | Razer Imperator | Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Statistics
88837 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.