Topic Title: Need some advice on an AMD build please.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/12/2014 12:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/27/2014 08:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
m3kby
Peon

’m going to stick my 2 pennies in here I’m a electrical engineer but work on 3 phase 440 volts I know for a fact water either de--ionized or not and electricity do not bode well together 

I gave this water cooling some thought on building my pc at Christmas just gone, and its a no brainer as far I was concerned. what have most modern towers got at the bottom. in my case it 650 watt psu. would I run the risk of letting water anywhere near it I think not even though it has to pass my 2 graphics cards first 

-------------------------

ASUS F2A85-V\A10 6800K CPU\2 EAH6850 IN CROSSFIRE\8 GIG CORSAIR VENGEANCE BLACK RAM\240GIG OCZ SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE\ 2X500 GIG SEAGATE HARD DRIVES \CORSAIR CS650M PSU ALL IN A ZALMAN Z11 TOWER

LAPTOP SONY VAIO FW11S

03/29/2014 04:52 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Forum Moderator

Yeah... a bad leak can be pretty bad.  Being able to engage your sense of smell while troubleshooting almost never ends well.  I've had stuff killed by leaks before, but I've also had leaks happen where I couldn't believe stuff hadn't been killed.  The point I guess is that you can still get lucky.

-------------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Troll Hunter

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

04/05/2014 02:34 PM

Author Icon
Ed209
Peon

Ok so I got the 7850K and I'm waiting on the ASrock motherboard and I'm going to get the rest this week, however I'm stuck on the operating system. I see there is a difference of OEM and Retail, now since i plan on adding a GPU to this build at some point, the OEM appears to not allow this.

Why is that? The retail versions i have seen online are quite a lot more expensive as well which is a kick in the nuts. How can Microsoft get away with this!

Has anyone here used an OEM and been able to add a GPU after the OS is installed? How does it work?

Edited: 04/05/2014 at 03:30 PM by Ed209
Statistics
84125 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.