Topic Title: What is amdacpusrsvc and could it be it that freezes my new Win8.1 system?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/22/2014 02:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/22/2014 02:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
K.Ivanov
Peon

Hello!

Recently I got a new graphics card, a new SSD and win 8.1. But I am stuck with a problem. Very often, may be 2/3 times, on startup the system will freeze. Only available is to move mouse and press Win key to bring up that new Start screen thing and to hide it back. 

From event viewer there is only one  error that is with Source: amdacpusrsvc and the description says: "The description for Event ID 0 from source amdacpusrsvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

Thus said, I am not even sure if I am asking on the correct place, but my guess is that Windows installed some drivers to run and can't get rid of them. I uninstalled drivers with the uninstall utility, tried using both 14.3 and the WHQL, but both yield same result. 

If I am at the wrong place, please, excuse me and direct me to somewhere I can find some help regarding this. My search powers couldn't help me further  

03/22/2014 04:15 PM

Author Icon
masterx1234
Peon

I suggest you unisntall your graphics card drivers and do a clean reinstall, and if your using beta drivers then that may be your issue

I have never heard of "amdacpusrsvc" and im sure its not a part of AMD's driver package, do this, search your PC for the file and tell me where its located, because that sounds like it may be adware or some kind of virus.

03/23/2014 09:21 AM

Author Icon
K.Ivanov
Peon

After 2 days of tinkering, searching and immeasurable amount of restarts, I reached the conclusion - 2 of the auto-updates that Windows made immediately after installing are the cause of problem - KB2884846 and KB2919442. Actually, I am not sure which of the two did it, because I removed them at the same time, but now everything is OK.

Apparently, a small number of systems are having this problem from the KB2919442, which I guess is the actual cause.

I searched about the "amdacpusrsvc" and it is in the extract folder of the 14.3 graphics driver package ( C:\AMD ). Anyway, since removing those updates, event viewer logs no such errors anymore. I would guess they were caused by whatever the updates were messing up.

A virus scan reveals no threats in this file.

edit: As if I cursed myself for saying this stuff, it just happened again..

Edited: 03/23/2014 at 09:40 AM by K.Ivanov
 06/28/2014 02:55 AM

Author Icon
lewbobo
Peon

Hi sorry for digging this thread up, but I can't see how to make a new topic I have the same errors from amdacpusrsvc.exe...what is this?

I am not bluescreening or crashing yet, but I have before with windows 8.1, somehow the AMD drivers ALWAYS get corrupted, and I have to reinstall, PC works fine for a few months, then stuff goes bluescreening again.

But yeah I just noticed these errors and wanna find out what they are.

06/28/2014 10:54 AM

Author Icon
backFireX64
Elite

Hi.

Firstly, make sure you are virus-malware-FREE.

Secondly:

Never, ever, ever, ever, EVER, let windows automatically download and install gpu (or any) drivers.

Should i say the word "ever" again ?

Close internet connection, uninstall all leftover drivers/ driver software through device manager first.

When you are only left with the microsoft basic vga driver, then clean install whatever catalyst software you want.

If it is supported, it should not fail to install correctly.

If it fails, that means you still have to deal with leftovers before you try again, or you are still letting windows decide for you.

Test and post back.

Thanks.

-------------------------

gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2, core i7 975 3.9ghz (stock voltage), windows 8.1 64-bit, corsair 12gb DDR3 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 RAM, xfx HD 5970 + gigabyte HD 5970 (stock clocks), coolermaster ultimate 900w PSU.
amd catalyst 14.7 RC3 aug12

07/31/2014 04:36 PM

Author Icon
silviuf
Peon

Hi,

A have an AMD Asus R9 290x, drivers version 14.4 whql on Windows 8.

Since 19.07.2014 (fresh Windows 8 instal) until 31.07.2014 I have 24 error messages in Event Viewer, all related to this file: amdacpusrsvc. The error message is this: Event ID 0 "The description for Event ID 0 from source amdacpusrsvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. amdacpusrsvc \ acpusrsvc: GraphicsMemory API Wrapper: Dummy Packet Submission FAILED". Or "[EVENT]: SERVICE_CONTROL_POWEREVENT: RESUME: FAILED." Or "acpusrsvc: IOCTL_ACPKSD_KSD_TO_USR_SVC_SET_FB_APERTURES: FAILED". Or "acpusrsvc: GfxMemServiceInitialize: FAILED". All of these are related to the same source (amdacpusrsvc).

I also have this file which is set as an active service: "C:\AMD\amdacpusrsvc.exe". Now, I don't have crashes, my new custom build seems to behave normal, but these errors annoy me.

What is that file and what does it do? In the services panel, its name is "ACP User service": Service name amdacpusrsvc, Display name ACP User service.

Should I disable this service and delete that stupid file? I saw this solution on one forum. I mean, this executable lies in a temporary folder, it's a nonsense. Reinstalling the graphic driver (14.4) is useless, as it will reinstall again this stupid process.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Silviu

Statistics
84663 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.