Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: Why are the drivers of AMD so bad ?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/01/2014 03:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/01/2014 03:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
TypeOverride
Grinding Levels

I asked myself why AMD drivers are so bad. With NVIDIA had no driver problems ...never.

So what is it with AMD and his drivers. They have bad reputations all over the web and everywhere.

What is AMD making different. NVIDIA drivers are not making much troubles.

So what is AMD making wrong ?

-------------------------

[Int Core i7-2600K]
[Asus P8P67 EVO]
[2x Corsair D3 4GB 1333-999 XMS]
[750 Watt]
[NEW Sappihre R9 280x Dual-X OC] - Blue Screen by AMD kernel mode driver
[Windows 7 64-bit]

06/01/2014 03:51 AM

Author Icon
ksus
Peon

I think because AMD i mean ATi guys are hardware awesome engineer's, but they lack good programmers, and Nvidia is opposite they lack good design and hardware engineer's.

The force is strong with this one.

06/01/2014 05:28 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

All what you said is a myth only. Drivers being good or bad are not based on your experience but everyone's. You have an issue. Let's say you find 50 others with similar problems on the internet. How does that compare to the hundreds of thousands successfully using AMD cards without a single issue? Ever learned statistics?

Keeping the myth alive and spreading it is of course easier than finding out which component in your computer is faulty and replacing it. This way you can feel sorry for yourself and blame someone else, AMD. Believe me, it's not your fault. Everyone can by faulty hardware. All these components are manufactured in factories, made by workers who are kept like slaves. Faulty pieces happen everywhere.

Fo, wake up from the crying, and start checking your components. Compare your machine to friends of yours's, borrow components from them. Probably it's either the card or the motherboard. Find out which one and keep RMAing it until the issue disappears.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

06/01/2014 07:05 AM

Author Icon
TypeOverride
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: Eydee All what you said is a myth only. Drivers being good or bad are not based on your experience but everyone's. You have an issue. Let's say you find 50 others with similar problems on the internet. How does that compare to the hundreds of thousands successfully using AMD cards without a single issue? Ever learned statistics?

Keeping the myth alive and spreading it is of course easier than finding out which component in your computer is faulty and replacing it. This way you can feel sorry for yourself and blame someone else, AMD. Believe me, it's not your fault. Everyone can by faulty hardware. All these components are manufactured in factories, made by workers who are kept like slaves. Faulty pieces happen everywhere.

Fo, wake up from the crying, and start checking your components. Compare your machine to friends of yours's, borrow components from them. Probably it's either the card or the motherboard. Find out which one and keep RMAing it until the issue disappears.

I know what you mean. But its not a myth. I came here before i bought my graphiccard and asked if there are driver problems.

Some guys (fanboys) said, no. With pressure.

And than i got my graphiccard and Blue Screen.

And till now i have Blue Screens. And i cant get rid of it. There is no way. New Operation System on PC .. and Blue Screens made by the kernel driver of ATI.

Hmmm.... so its not a myth. Its fact.

You can make a compare to the Nvida forum. Than you can see its not a myth.

I know that writing shaders for AMD graphiccards is much harder than for NVidia. Nvdidia is more robust.

But anyway i want to know why AMD has so much trouble.

[Int Core i7-2600K]
[Asus P8P67 EVO]
[750 Watt]
[Windows 7 64-bit]

06/01/2014 08:00 AM

Author Icon
DForce
Peon

Originally posted by: TypeOverride I asked myself why AMD drivers are so bad. With NVIDIA had no driver problems ...never.

So what is it with AMD and his drivers. They have bad reputations all over the web and everywhere.

What is AMD making different. NVIDIA drivers are not making much troubles.

So what is AMD making wrong ?

Go to Geforce forum and read how much GTX GPUs Nvidia destroyed with its drivers.

R9 290X Lightning, GTX Titan,
 06/01/2014 08:05 AM

Author Icon
ksus
Peon

@TypeOverride

I don't agree; I have not once yet had bluescreen about amd/ati kernel.

Regards.

Nvidia is a closed source; unless nvidia personally lets you do it by sending nv guy to your company who has deeper access. Limiting this code to run only if client side has nv gpu - doesn't matter if code could be executed as good on any other devices; *speaking on all physX alike codes*

Nvidia is like Apple, everything is closed down.

But if they allowed their code to be executed on other devices they would loose quite a bit in market. Because i think physX on opencl would be much faster than nv cuda's core's one. Rendering their gpu's worse than amd/ati's.

For best it would be if mantle was recognized on lower lvl - thus allowing games and 3d software programs run without catalyst driver at all - just on open low lvl mantle api.

06/01/2014 11:38 AM

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

@TypeOverride why are you starting numerous threads instead of just one? Today alone you have started 5 threads.

Here's just the geforce forums,lots of driver issues as well.

https://forums.geforce.com/

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

Edited: 06/01/2014 at 12:08 PM by Earnhardt
 06/01/2014 11:42 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

There's no reason to start an AMD vs nvidia debate. Both companies have issues for some people and don't for most. There is balance, otherwise one of the two would have gone bankrupt long ago.

People, you don't owe us (or AMD) anything, you don't have to use AMD cards. If you don't like it and don't want to investigate and solve problems, just sell your cards and go back to the dark side. We really don't care, but don't want to listen to you complaining without the will to solve problems.

It's easy. Let everyone use what they like and what works for them.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

06/01/2014 12:07 PM

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

Originally posted by: Eydee There's no reason to start an AMD vs nvidia debate. Both companies have issues for some people and don't for most. There is balance, otherwise one of the two would have gone bankrupt long ago.

People, you don't owe us (or AMD) anything, you don't have to use AMD cards. If you don't like it and don't want to investigate and solve problems, just sell your cards and go back to the dark side. We really don't care, but don't want to listen to you complaining without the will to solve problems.

Well said!

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

06/01/2014 06:39 PM

Author Icon
TypeOverride
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: ksus @TypeOverride

I don't agree; I have not once yet had bluescreen about amd/ati kernel.

Regards.

Nvidia is a closed source; unless nvidia personally lets you do it by sending nv guy to your company who has deeper access. Limiting this code to run only if client side has nv gpu - doesn't matter if code could be executed as good on any other devices; *speaking on all physX alike codes*

Nvidia is like Apple, everything is closed down.

But if they allowed their code to be executed on other devices they would loose quite a bit in market. Because i think physX on opencl would be much faster than nv cuda's core's one. Rendering their gpu's worse than amd/ati's.

For best it would be if mantle was recognized on lower lvl - thus allowing games and 3d software programs run without catalyst driver at all - just on open low lvl mantle api.

"I don't agree; I have not once yet had bluescreen about amd/ati kernel."

nice that you are dont agree. I have a system with good hardware. Nothing cheap.
Every driver, bios on the latest version.

The only component that is making trouble is the ATI driver. Hmm..

Too Nvidia:
I had before 3 Nvidia graphiccards. Never had one single problem.
Before those 3 i had 1 ATI graphiccard. Much problems. Thats are
the reason i went to Nvidia.
My brother had a ATI before too. Mich troubles. Now he have Nvidia.

I gave ATI a new chance. My brother said no, dont do it. And i said something like:
Noooo the driver problems are things from the past"

Lol ... ATI has driver problems since ever. Thats not a myth, thats fact.

Before i bought the ATI i came here and asked if there are Driver problems.
And so many guys say:
No, never had one single problem !
or
No, problems. What ?

And than ive got my brand new R9 280x and Blue Screen when im in Windows and watching movies.

Hmmm... caused by ATI core driver. .... no ATI has no problems with their drivers.

And than ... i do everythinnnngg i can to get rid of it. But there is no way. Every new
Driver i have the feeling brings me a new Blue Screen.

DDU or Driver Fusion is not solve the problem. And a clean brand new OS is not helping.

So where is the problem here ? Hmmm...

My pc has 1A components. Everything is on the latest update. I dont use auto-updaters.
There is nothing i can do.

------

I dont like Nvidia because the build close systems. But what can i do when AMD
is forcing me to use NVidia ?

you dont have to teach me here. I know the background and i know everything about Mantle that i
can now without having the API in front of me.

I know how companies work and i know what microsoft and Nvidia are in comparsion to AMD.

But nothing helps when AMD hardware not working propper with his own drivers.

[Int Core i7-2600K]
[Asus P8P67 EVO]
[750 Watt]
[Windows 7 64-bit]

06/01/2014 06:42 PM

Author Icon
TypeOverride
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: Eydee There's no reason to start an AMD vs nvidia debate. Both companies have issues for some people and don't for most. There is balance, otherwise one of the two would have gone bankrupt long ago.

The problem is i like AMD. But when i have Blue Screens AMD force me to use NVidia.

Its not a Nvidia vs AMD thing here.

Its a AMD graphiccard solution is not working when i got 2 different Blue Screens since i pluged the card in.

[Int Core i7-2600K]
[Asus P8P67 EVO]
[750 Watt]
[Windows 7 64-bit]

06/01/2014 06:43 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: TypeOverride *snip*

You don't get it. ATi no longer exists. You're talking about nothing. We also told you you're free to use nvidia. However, advertising nvidia is not OK. It's even in the rules. So stop it, please. You can switch without letting us know.

06/01/2014 07:08 PM

Author Icon
TypeOverride
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: Eydee
Originally posted by: TypeOverride *snip*

You don't get it. ATi no longer exists. You're talking about nothing. We also told you you're free to use nvidia. However, advertising nvidia is not OK. It's even in the rules. So stop it, please. You can switch without letting us know.

i know that ATI is not longer existing. But the core driver has the name ATI and much files.

It dont matter if you call them AMD or ATI after the fusion. Or every ATI employee has left and every chip was destroyed ?

Im free to use Nvidia, but now ive try to use use AMD. And i have much troubles like much people here in the forum. Off course else they wouldnt here in the forum i guess.

Advertising Nvidia i dont do. How do you read that i do this ?

Facts are facts.

And when we had 3 ATI/AMD graphiccards. I had 1 ATI & 1 AMD graphiccard. Both making trouble. My brother had 1 ATI. Making trouble.

Than we had 8 Nvidia graphiccards (desktop + laptop) and we never got one single problem. Except when they had a damage and we need a new one.

Than we can say what ?

And i have a lot of other friends which are buying graphiccards. They had not much problems because they never go ATI/AMD in their whole life, because of the bad reputation.

But for the reputation i have nothing todo with it. Should i lie and say i have no problems with ATI/AMD ?

I can only say i had no problem with Nvidia. That would be the truth.

But advertising is different. The funny part is im only here maybe a little bit Anti-AMD because of the drivers.

But over the web everywhere i make ADVERTISE for AMD. Thats the funny part. Because i want that AMD will be success.

Here in the forum its different. Im here because i have problems with the drivers.

But when some guy ask out there what do think AMD or Nvidia.

I always say something like this:

When you want to have much driver problems than go AMD !
When you want to have a good PC-gaming future than go AMD !
When you want to have a closed system than go Nvidia !
When you want to have a company that only wants
to make money and playing a ***** game with PC-gamer than go Nvidia!

Its not my fault when people think that driver problems have a higher priority than supporting such a company like Nvidia.

Trust me im raging here. Outside here im not raging about the Blue Screens. I want that AMD will be success. But im not lying !

[Int Core i7-2600K]
[Asus P8P67 EVO]
[750 Watt]
[Windows 7 64-bit]

Edited: 06/01/2014 at 07:34 PM by TypeOverride
 06/01/2014 07:38 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

What you don't understand that things don't work that way. Nothing is decided by your experience. You're one out of millions. You can try to fool anyone, but as suggested above, start reading the nvidia forum. They have as much trouble as AMD does. Also check out this, and then silenty accept the truth.

06/01/2014 07:56 PM

Author Icon
TypeOverride
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: Eydee What you don't understand that things don't work that way. Nothing is decided by your experience. You're one out of millions. You can try to fool anyone, but as suggested above, start reading the nvidia forum. They have as much trouble as AMD does. Also check out this, and then silenty accept the truth.

But what do you saying to:

3 ATI/AMD graphiccards (desktop) -> all driver problems
8 Nvidia graphiccards ((5)desktop + (3)laptop) -> no driver problems

I think this is more than my experience. Maybe humans are fast with messaging, but nothing has changed.

In the past they said ATI has only driver problems and nowadays they say AMD has only driver problems.

A Fact is something we shouldnt talk much about.

Not to accept the truth means to be ignorant.

Nvidia has troubles too yes. I hope Mantle will make it someday to stop it.

But see the truth. There are more machines with NVIDIA graphiccards than ATI/AMD graphiccards.

See the relations. And when you want a less approximated equation you can use the variable "forum of Nvidia" and see that there are not so much trouble with the drivers.

[Int Core i7-2600K]
[Asus P8P67 EVO]
[750 Watt]
[Windows 7 64-bit]

06/01/2014 07:59 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

You cantalk about it as much as you want. However, I'm now addig you to my ignore list, so goodbye, mods will take care of the rest...

06/01/2014 08:00 PM

Author Icon
TypeOverride
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: Eydee You cantalk about it as much as you want. However, I'm now addig you to my ignore list, so goodbye, mods will take care of the rest...

The truth is not for everyone. But anyway what have the mods todo with it. I dont do anything wrong here. You overreact !

[Int Core i7-2600K]
[Asus P8P67 EVO]
[750 Watt]
[Windows 7 64-bit]

06/01/2014 08:18 PM

Author Icon
Vantharas
Polygon Pusher

Originally posted by: TypeOverride
Originally posted by: Eydee You cantalk about it as much as you want. However, I'm now addig you to my ignore list, so goodbye, mods will take care of the rest...

The truth is not for everyone. But anyway what have the mods todo with it. I dont do anything wrong here. You overreact !

Well just a quick search of AMD Driver Crash vs Nvidia Driver crash, seems Nvidia is in the lead with 3.5M and AMD in second with 3M.

And since I'm going to take googles word before some random complainer who has absolutly no evidence other then his own personal experience I'm going to say really your whining has no place here. 

And I'll also add to the fact that every single PC I've personally owned has had AMD video cards From the orginal ATI 7000 Pro to now a 7950 (R280) Without a single issue with just random blue screens. 

I5 3570K@4~5.0ghz: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H:Corsair Hydro H110 :16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-3 1600: XFX Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1575 : Corsair AX 860 PSU: x1 WD Black 1TB HDD's: 90GB Agility 3: 960GB SSD : Creative Labs X-FI:Corsair 500R Arctic White Edition:3 22inch Monitors Eyefinity @ 5294x 1050 : Alienware Tact-X Keyboard: Razer Naga :Corsair Vengence 1500 Headset: Corsair SP2500 Speakers

06/01/2014 08:23 PM

Author Icon
TypeOverride
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: Vantharas
Originally posted by: TypeOverride

Well just a quick search of AMD Driver Crash vs Nvidia Driver crash, seems Nvidia is in the lead with 3.5M and AMD in second with 3M.

And since I'm going to take googles word before some random complainer who has absolutly no evidence other then his own personal experience I'm going to say really your whining has no place here. 

And I'll also add to the fact that every single PC I've personally owned has had AMD video cards From the orginal ATI 7000 Pro to now a 7950 (R280) Without a single issue with just random blue screens. 

Why someone make here a AMD vs Nvidia thread out of it ?

But anyway its wrong to see the absolut values. You have to think in relations.

Use "steam" information to get the correct view on it. You can see that relations are more important than only to see naked values.

[Int Core i7-2600K]
[Asus P8P67 EVO]
[750 Watt]
[Windows 7 64-bit]

06/01/2014 09:04 PM

Author Icon
ksus
Peon

The drivers needs to be better for sure. I vote for this with my whole heart; But if this is no-error rate drivers or 10% of more performance i say i take performance.

Statistics
85507 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.