Topic Title: Not clear answer on flickering problem or black screen on R9 series
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/18/2014 11:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/18/2014 11:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
santastp
Peon

I have a R9 270x on a Alienware X51 R2. It's a pure AMD card. Not from a manufacturer like ASUS or MSI. I tried every single driver since december. The 13.12 to 14.7 RC. No one works. When I use the default driver (VGA) of Windows, I have no problems. I even tried on OpenSuse, the problem persist. Some person seems to have a solution on MSI card. But what happen if you have a AMD branded card. Like others, the problem happen randomly. One day I can use ONE monitor, no game, no video, only Firefox and it works. At the moment I use TWO monitor, I have a black screen. If I play any game, I have a black screen.

Last chance... I there any CLEAR solution? My next step is to go for nVidia. Wake up AMD.

08/19/2014 07:23 AM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

Contact Alienware support.  Sounds like the card may be defective.  Or something else with the computer. 

08/20/2014 11:44 AM

Author Icon
eaglehawk35
Peon

I had similar flickering and display stability problems with my Alienware 18. To solve it they replaced the primary GPU with another R9 M290X GPU. Since they have switched out both the R9's for HD 8970M's to resolve the problem of a black screen accompanied by 8 beeps, indicating an LCD failure.

-------------------------
Robert
Statistics
85524 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.