Topic Title: Warhammer 40K:Eternal Crusade. Is AMD working with the developer?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/01/2014 03:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/01/2014 03:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Aicus
Peon

Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade by Behaviour Entertainment which is in development right now is one of the MMO game I anticipated the most since Guild Wars 2.

From what the developer are telling, the game will be using Nvidia Physx and GameWorks but there is zero info that AMD is working with them as well ot make sure the game performed great on AMD hardware at launch.

So what I need to know is, is AMD working with the developer at all to make sure AMD hardware don't get shoddy performance like in the case of Watch Dogs?

09/01/2014 08:08 AM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

the game will be using Nvidia Physx and GameWorks

Means no. But being an MMO it will be designed to run on even mid range systems.

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 09/01/2014 09:50 PM

Author Icon
Aicus
Peon

So why not AMD work with the developer?

Even if the developer decides to include competing company's features in the game, that should not stop AMD from working with the developer to make sure that the game has a smooth launch.

If Nvidia could send a few people over to the developer site to work with the developer on impletmenting their features in the game, I don't think it is unreasonable for AMD to at least get in touch with game developer and work with them to make sure AMD hardware is not crippled or worse, bugged and glitched, for months until a fix is rolled out.

Further more, even as an MMO the game features fight with over hundreds and thousands of players on screen at the same time on the same server by using the Pikko server tech. That would require a whole lot of power and optimizations to make sure it runs smooth on even high end hardware.

09/07/2014 12:14 PM

Author Icon
Aicus
Peon

The lead programmer is nice enough to give me a response when I ask them on the forum, below is what I get:

First of all - no we are not working with AMD together. We decided for Nvidia mostly because of the good experience we had working together with them in the past. Support from their side was always spot on, and so far shows as well!

Further, no, there is not going to be MANTLE in the engine as far I know - and we are not planning on adding it our selves for now - DX12 will take care of the shortcomings of earlier versions, so the need is really not there.

As for problems at Launch - well, we have 2 strategies we are following:
1 - limit the possible problems by making decisions according to that (DX11 only (DX12 as soon it is available in the engine), 64bit only)
2 - we will test as much and as early as possible with the players together, we cannot simulate all variety of hardware out there, but players can help us cover 99% " src="https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png" alt="" />

Cheers!

https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/is-amd-working-with-dev-to-make-sure-a-problem-free-launch.31184/#post-525789

only driver related problems ... but I should mention, Nvidia had those too, they just react much faster!

https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/is-amd-working-with-dev-to-make-sure-a-problem-free-launch.31184/#post-527519

Behaviour Interactive is also the company that is working with Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen, a game that is suppsoe to support Mantle. If this is the opinion of the developer about AMD, AMD's Mantle, TressFX and FreeSync won't be going anywhere.

Statistics
85329 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.