Topic Title: When in gods name is the next driver update?
Topic Summary: I'm losing patience.
Created On: 07/24/2012 02:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/24/2012 02:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
FPSchris
n00b

TL-DR; fed up with bad drivers. Is there any info regarding a release date for a new one?

I've been on the driver band wagon now since I purchased my 5970 when it was very first released.

The amount of times amd has dropped the ball in regards to a perfectly working game for this particular card working perfectly from the get go on a newly released game, or breaking an older game that was working fine before with a new driver, has been astoundingly high during my entire experience with it.

I'm getting real sick, and I mean REAL sick, of crossfire deactivating when fast traveling or leaving interior/entering exterior/ locations in skyrim. I mean, first they update it to fix a blinking menu screen if Anti aliasing is on. (keep in mind crossfire still broke after Fast traveling/entering new locations in 12.6).

Then there's this 12.7 driver which does nothing about the xfire de-syncing, but fixing the blinking menu problem, but then breaks the entire U.I if shadows are set to ultra.

Basically every time I fast travel or enter a new location, I have to alt-tab to desktop, then alt-tab 2 more times to get the game up which fixes crossfire. Oh wait, it gets better, because I'm pretty sure there's a memory leak somewhere because every 30-to 1 hour of gameplay there's always a random CTD. (probably due to alt-tabbing so many times).

Listen, from what I recall this game USED to work normally WAY back in 11.something.

I'm just really fed up at this point with amd. Remember all the problems with bad company 2 blinking? How about left 4 dead 2 crossfire disabling after getting to safe house when new area loads. It's the same thing with skyrim, only every time you enter a new location interior to exterior or vise-versa, which is like, every 10 to 20 minutes, ontop of the fast traveling.

Remember black ops problems? Hell, I think they actually did another black ops fix for something RECENTLY and I stopped playing that game about a year ago! Jesus!

Meh, from my experience the moment this card starts acting like a paper weight in games in terms of frame rate I'm going nvidia. I'm sure nvidia has driver problems but god damn it can't be this bad... 

Oh, I forgot to mention that sometimes I can see shadows with vertical and horizontal positioning when I'm in windhelm when looking at the large stone walls from a certain distance when the time of day changes. clearly something is F'd with that as well. Oh, not only that it gets better, when entering water, like a lake or a large river sometimes I can see a large strange curvature of a circle around me on the surface of the water, that moves when I move, like it's around my actual character and following my movement. It's mother f'ing annoying!

Goddam son!

Game been out for what? A year? Get with the program amd!!!!  

Edited: 07/24/2012 at 02:43 AM by FPSchris
 07/24/2012 02:59 AM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

If you are having problems with a game, and it's a problem others are having, and AMD can reproduce the issue, then it will be fixed, simple as that. So either report the issues to AMD like they ask you to so they can fix them, and stop using the latest drivers if they cause more issues than they fix, or go the nVidia camp and discover first hand that they have just as many issues as AMD does and that both companies will continue to have issues until game programmers at large start giving a darn about quality again, don't spend more time on useless DRM than on the game, and stop giving PC users direct console ports.

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 07/24/2012 03:10 AM

Author Icon
FPSchris
n00b

Originally posted by: black_zion If you are having problems with a game, and it's a problem others are having, and AMD can reproduce the issue, then it will be fixed, simple as that. So either report the issues to AMD like they ask you to so they can fix them, and stop using the latest drivers if they cause more issues than they fix, or go the nVidia camp and discover first hand that they have just as many issues as AMD does and that both companies will continue to have issues until game programmers at large start giving a darn about quality again, don't spend more time on useless DRM than on the game, and stop giving PC users direct console ports.

Honestly I would have said something similar if it was the first month of the game being released. We're down the road here, and this stuff shouldn't be happening. 

07/24/2012 03:32 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Follow this link and use the AMD reporting form  http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx  

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Edited: 07/24/2012 at 03:41 AM by stumped
 07/24/2012 09:58 AM

Author Icon
FPSchris
n00b

Originally posted by: stumped Follow this link and use the AMD reporting form  http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

I did... TWICE... like, weeks ago.

Damn they're slow. But apparently they have time for QQ dancer...  (wooowww..?) 

07/24/2012 10:12 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Keep one thing in mind....the problem has to be reproduceable. If they can't reproduce the issue, and no one else has reported the same....then the issue could be with you ....in their mind.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

07/24/2012 10:15 AM

Author Icon
FPSchris
n00b

Originally posted by: stumped Keep one thing in mind....the problem has to be reproduceable. If they can't reproduce the issue, and no one else has reported the same....then the issue could be with you ....in their mind.

yeah I was thinking that same thing, so I just did a video recording the problems with proof. I just posted this in the beth forums as well...

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1398323-many-issues-lots-of-details-ati-126-and-127-crossfire/ 

It'l be on youtube in like 20, I'll put the link to it here after it's done uploading. 

07/24/2012 12:35 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Reproducible - Able to be reproduced on independent machines under the same circumstances.

AMD has many machines with many software configurations, but there is no way they can have every configuration, and there is a distinct possibility that the problem may quite likely be with your machine, and since you say this issue has been ongoing for over a month, and nobody else seems to have this problem, I would imagine the problem does lie with you. And since you finally decided to give your system specs in the link, make sure your chipset drivers are up to date, as Intel boards seem to be very finicky about that

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 08/09/2012 10:09 AM

Author Icon
stigbeater
Peon

they said it would be mid august on twitter.

Statistics
84836 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.