Topic Title: Update driver [SOLVED]
Topic Summary: Can't update my driver card
Created On: 08/06/2012 02:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/06/2012 02:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
yarkan
n00b

Hi! It's my first time here!

Sorry for my english

I've wasted too much time over the internet to find a way to solve my problem. I recently purchased a video board (Sapphire HD 3850 AGP) to upgrade an old desktop that i have here. The video board it's ok, but i'm having problems to install an updated driver from amd. I've downloaded the hotfixes released for agp video boards, but can't fix my problem. I think that are some bug on the install manager. After dowload and launch ANY driver version, the install manager just intall the "install manager" and "SDK" files.
The driver, redistributable and ccc files never appears during the installation log on screen. It seems the installer may have some bug, because he just don't install the driver and ccc files... '-'

Actually, i'm using a CD driver that comes with video board, but it's an older driver version, and some games not run properly.

The amd driver developers must have some pay more attention before release any driver to download. Damn!!

I'm running Windows 7 professional 32 bits.

Can somebody help me to solve this problem please?

Edited: 10/11/2012 at 12:54 AM by yarkan
 08/06/2012 10:02 AM

Author Icon
rievhardt
Peon

try to uninstall the AMD drivers via Control Panel Uninstall. (your screen would not fit correctly if you succesfully uninstalled it) restart then just download the respective driver (latest dates) on AMD site then restart again.

08/06/2012 10:30 AM

Author Icon
RatsAss
Farming Materials

1. Upgrade an old driver to the latest version from AMD.COM
  2. Note! Before getting started, ensure that you know the model of your graphics card. It will come in handy for several steps in the process. Refer to Article GPU-55 for information on how to identify your graphics card
  3. Verify that the operating system has the latest service packs / updates
  4. Download the latest drivers for the graphics card from AMD’s Graphics Drivers & Software page. Refer to Article GPU-56 for information on how to use the graphics driver utility
  5. Remove any pre-existing drivers / software for the graphics card. Refer to Article GPU-57 for detailed instructions on how to uninstall old drivers
  6. Install the latest drivers for the graphics card. For detailed instructions on how to install the latest graphics drivers, refer to:
    1. Article GPU-33 for a Windows 7 based system
    2. Article GPU-1 for a Windows Vista based system
    3. Article GPU-2 for a Windows XP / Windows 2000 based system

-------------------------

Gaming Rig
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 F7 bios
i7- 2600k ,Cooler Master V6GT
2x4 gig G-Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1333
Asus GTX 680
Corsair TX 850W PSU
Creative X-FI Titanium Champion, Logitech Z-5500
Win 7 x64 Ultimate(SP1), Antec DF-85 case.

08/06/2012 10:59 AM

Author Icon
yarkan
n00b

Thanks buddy, i really unnintall and restart the system every driver i've tested.

One time, i used a registry cleaner, but no sucess...

08/06/2012 11:14 AM

Author Icon
yarkan
n00b

I used the download main page.

The stpes that ask to select the video board, i've selected the proper option that refer to my video board. but no sucess...

I've cheked the link, the So version, the VGA model...
Today i could install 11.10 catalyst version that go on my pen dive from my older vga (HD 2400 PRO) the read me file says that include all HD AGP series.... so i've tryed and now i'ts ok. I'm seriusly thinkin to maintain tis catalyst version. The video board gained performance and have some bug fixeds in some games...

I thanks to you guys that tryed to help me.
I'm tired to waste time downloading and testing various catalysts versions...

That's all for a while!

08/06/2012 05:46 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

http://feeds.amd.com/amdkbarticles

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

***** cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus ******

08/06/2012 07:15 PM

Author Icon
yarkan
n00b

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GraphicsDriverInstallationInstructionforMicrosoftWindows7.aspx

I've made in this way... This symptom about the installation process that ocurr with me, aren't listed on these pages. I don't know if somebody have this problem too, i think that this problem happens with who have agp video board. I've contacted the AMD Survey to inform this.

Now one thing came to my mind... The Framework package are required to install the driver on WINDOWS 7?? AMD don't  mention this on the download page. This 'bug' may happens due to missing Framework package... On windows 7 i never needed to install framework package... '-'

What do you think guys?

08/06/2012 08:49 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

.net framework must be installed

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

***** cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus ******

08/06/2012 08:55 PM

Author Icon
yarkan
n00b

'-'... well... i'll try this and i'll give the result tomorrow... thanks for the information!

08/25/2012 08:22 PM

Author Icon
yarkan
n00b

Hello, again! Sorry for the delay, i'm on a duty... Well, i've searching over the internet and i got a very important infomation about. The Framework package are already included on Windows 7 up to 3.5 version. I've installed the lastest package 4.0 sucessfuly, and i've tryed to update ths damn catalyst driver, but the problem still happening, the install manager never installs all the package, just the SDK files... It seems i have to use the older version (11.10), is the lastest versions that i can install without any problem...

I think that this kind of troubl pursue me, because it appears that i'm the only one on the forum that have this problem...

The systm config are...

Core 2 Duo E4600

2GB RAM

HD Wester Digital 160Gb SATA
ECS 8VM800PRo v2.0
HD 3850 AGP version 512Mb 256 bits
Power Supply Huntkey 550Watts

10/11/2012 12:50 AM

Author Icon
yarkan
n00b

Hello again guys!!

Finally i've solved my problem based on this topic that i found from tom's hardware web site.

see on the link below, is too much interesting, and my theory is right about  this problem. A good guy called UnknowAdmin found a mistake in one kind of script file of the installer that don't include some video boards.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/363242-33-legacy-graphics-driver

I could install by in this way:

First, i've downloaded the right catalyst version for my vga and SO, after that i've launched the package, the package was extraceted and when  the ccc installer has launched, i canceled.

Trhough the windows assist. driver update, browsing to the folder (C:/AMD) using option "choose a driver" and clicking on "With disk..." i targeted the file and the windows assit. driver updater have installed sucessfully.

Second, i've launched the ccc installer irect from the files package...(C:\AMD\Support\12-6-legacy_vista_win7_32_dd_ccc_whql\Packages\Apps\CCC\Core-Static\ccc-core-static.msi) ...or something else... and i succesfully installed the catalyst 12.6 driver version! The driver function properly!

So, i'm leaving this post to help anyone got the same trouble as me, and help understanding whats going on with ccc releases from AMD.

Thanks for the help guys!

Edited: 10/11/2012 at 12:59 AM by yarkan
Statistics
88844 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.