Topic Title: Catalyst Version
Topic Summary: Which driver suits me best?
Created On: 08/08/2012 01:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/08/2012 01:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
abhinandan_de
n00b

I have a Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB DDR5. What is the best driver version for Windows Xp And Windows 7 for Gaming as I am facing a lot of driver issue. Please suggest suitable driver versions for these two operating systems.

08/09/2012 09:31 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

There are many driver versions to try.  The most suitable driver - in some respects - is the one that works for you and allows you to play your games and enjoy your system without issues.  Any driver version could be that driver version, depending upon the system.  I think we need more information from you.

For example:

a) What driver issues are you currently facing? 
b) What driver versions have you tried so far?
c) What games do you play?

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/09/2012 03:34 PM

Author Icon
abhinandan_de
n00b

while playing picture slide show sometime the screen goes lined and hangs. And I mostly face problems while playing FIFA 12 and Anno 1404 Venice. And in Power DVD 11 while playing Hd movies same problem occurs. But in all other games like F12011, COD Black Ops, Battlefield 3, NFS Run and many other games I played smoothly. I am using 10.12 in both Windows Xp x64 SP2 and Windows 7 Sp1 x64.

08/10/2012 02:47 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

With Catalyst 10.12, are you experiencing any problems in both XP and Win7?  The description of the problem in Picture Slide Show might even suggest faulty hardware. 

What is the problem you see in FIFA12, or Anno1404: Venice, and PowerDVD11?

Because games like F1: 2011, COD BlackOps, BF3 and NFS: Run all work well, suggests the problem is not hardware.

Check the FAQ at the top, and complete the template with as much information as you can.  I don't think any one particular driver is going to get it done for you.  I assume you are dual-booting this computer.  Can you get XP up to SP3?

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/10/2012 03:38 PM

Author Icon
abhinandan_de
n00b

I am using Windows XP x64. And it extends upto SP2 only. And I want to know the most stable driver for both of my windows separately. And I also know that there is nothing faulty with the hardware. The problem is solely driver issue.

08/10/2012 04:30 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

There is no such thing as "most stable driver" as all of the WHQL driver releases are stable, but a very slight minority of systems might experience issues with them. Windows XP x64 is itself unstable (and complete garbage) and should not be used a decade after it was released. How did you determine the problem was not hardware related since you did not rule out a driver issue?

AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 08/11/2012 02:49 AM

Author Icon
abhinandan_de
n00b

If it is a driver issue then all the games I played will give same problems. But the problem is huge for Anno 1404 in both XP and Windows 7 and for FIFA 12 its moderate. And as my graphic card is ageing and it belongs to 5 series so I wanted to know which driver version suits my card best. I am using Windows XP x64 almost one year and all other recent games which supports this version of windows runs fine. And Windows & x64 also give sme same problems in these two games and in Windows 7 Power DVD 11 ahngs when I played HD movies due to driver issue and screen flickres. It is quite evident that when a new series of card are launched then AMD solely works to stabilise those cards driver issues only. And once I updated the latest versions of catalyst driver on both my Windows and problem increases.

Statistics
88878 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.