Topic Title: Screwed up my settings and cannot change it back - SOLVED not sure how to delete
Topic Summary: Can't figure out how to change the settings back to display properly
Created On: 08/13/2012 03:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/13/2012 03:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wolfgang784
n00b

So I decided to change a setting so that everything would stretch across both monitors to see how it would look in a game. I thought that it would be as simple as changing the settings back to reverse the effect. Turns out it isn't.

Everything now stretches across both monitors unless I try to play a game, in which case it just doubles that game with one on each monitor. I cannot seem to find any way of changing this option back to how it was before. One background image stretches across both monitors, but the desktops are independant. If I maximize an application on one monitor, it should only maximize on that monitor. 

I have been trying to fix this for several hours and I can only manage to make the second monitor duplicate the first, everything stretch over both as it does now, or switch which monitor is the primary and secondary. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? Its impossible to get anything done.

Graphics Card - XFX HD Radeon 6870 2GB - If it matters, they normally run in crossfire but I had to take one card out a week ago when the fan died.

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History - I am unsure of how to view my current version. I know that I should be two updates back though and have had every version back to november 2011.

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

CPU Details - AMD Phenom II x6 1100T Black Edition (6 cores 3.3GHz)

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used - Dual Asus VE228Hs both connected with DVI.

Motherboard or System Make & Model - ASRock 990FX eXtreme3

System Memory Type & Amount - 16GB 1333MHz corsair - I got it from a friend so I have no records of anything more specific. I'd have to open it up and check, but it is not important for this issue.

Power Supply - KINGWIN Lazer Gold Series LZG-850 850W

Additional Hardware - 720GB Western Digital 7200rpm caviar black, three 230 x 30 mm 700rpm fans, one 140 x 25 mm 1200rpm fan, stock fan on the processor, and stock fan on the video card.

EDIT:: SOLVED. Someone on another forum figured it out. Held down the windows key and hit P. Chose the one option in there and the problem was fixed. Kinda sad that the CCC was so useless but regular windows fixed it right away.

Statistics
86650 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.