Topic Title: Catalyst Install Engine Opens when loading non-related software
Topic Summary: When trying to install non-related software, old ver. of Catalyst opens instead.
Created On: 08/14/2012 12:47 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/14/2012 12:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Cajonkev
n00b

AMD Radeon HD6450

Win7 Pro/64

I currently have Catalyst Install Manager ver 8.X installed however whenever I try to install a new peice of non-video hardware, Catalyst Ver. 3.X opens instead.

How do I clear this bad registry entry or whatever it may be so I may install my hardware please!?!

08/16/2012 02:38 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

You may want to try third-party registry cleaning programs like Driver Sweeper (now called Driver Fusion).

http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion

What do you mean installing a piece of non-video hardware?  Can you give an example of the hardware.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/16/2012 06:34 PM

Author Icon
Cajonkev
n00b

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply!

I am attempting to install an HP printer. The Installer package will de-compress but once it launches, I get Catalyst 3.x instead.

Statistics
84187 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.