Topic Title: Catalyst Control Center 12.8 and Windows 8
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/07/2012 10:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/07/2012 10:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Monte_H
n00b

Ok, is anyone else having this problem??I was running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit with CCC 12.8 and I was having no problems what-so-ever, then I just installed Windows 8 Pro 64bit (not the consumer preview, I have the full version because of DreamSpark) and the issues began.1) I am again having the monitor scaling issues, I get the black fram around my screens picture and need to adjust the scaling option within CCC to fix it. This is annoying as many of you may know, and I had the issue with 12.6 and 12.7, but it was fixed on 12.8.Sure I would just go into CCC and fix it... Except when I right click on my desktop and then click on the Catalyst Control Center I am greeted with the yellow triangle/exclamation mark and the message that reads:"Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center."Am I missing something here? I did an uninstall/reinstall twice and tried 12.6 and 12.7 again with no luck!My computer is less than 3 months old (just built it)i7-3770k (not overclocked), XFX 7950 TDFC (not overclocked), Vengeance 16gb, 256gb Vertex 4 SSD, 1tb WD black, Asus P8Z77V-Pro, Corsair AX-650 PSU. HP 2311x LED monitor.I have updated all the software and drivers as well. Please help me!!
 09/10/2012 12:20 AM

Author Icon
sum1isweird
n00b

I also have black frames around my screen after installing Windows 8 Pro (Final from Microsoft DreamSpark). I am able to start CCC, but all the display options are mysteriously missing after my installation. Installing/unistalling the drivers did nothing to help this problem. Any ideas?

09/11/2012 07:26 AM

Author Icon
AndreyDaeron
n00b

Try to change Pixel format in CCC form YCbCr to Standart PC

09/11/2012 08:45 AM

Author Icon
Erous
n00b

Originally posted by: AndreyDaeron Try to change Pixel format in CCC form YCbCr to Standart PC

If that doesn't work, set your overscan to 100 in the CCC and it should stretch the screen to the borders.

09/15/2012 12:00 AM

Author Icon
DrBob
n00b

I had the same issue, same error message. Even when you install the AMD drivers, the drivers supplied with Windows 8 stayed active.

I had to manually change the drivers in Windows over to get Catalyst Control Center to load.

After you've installed the AMD 12.8 drivers right click your desktop, select Screen Resolution. Click Advanced Settings link. In the window, click Properties button, in next window click Driver tab. Click Update Driver button.

Click "Browse my computer for driver software", select the c:\AMD folder leaving "Include subfolders" checked, click Next button.Once the AMD - AMD drivers are loaded up instead of the Microsoft - AMD drivers you should be able to run Catalyst Control Center, and in turn change the overscan/underscan settings.

See my blog post: here

Footnote: Once you get it running, be careful of messing with it until AMD do a little fixit work. I tried to install Avivo on my Sapphire HD5770, now Catalyst Control Center no longer appears in context menus, and no amount of uninstalling or reinstalling has got it back.

Fortunately enough of CCC is working that the underscan has not returned. Let's hope version 12.9 comes out soon and fixes this properly.

09/17/2012 09:55 PM

Author Icon
sum1isweird
n00b

Thanks for the tip. I thought I had already done this before, but it definitely worked this time around. I am just surprised that a clean driver installation initially did nothing for me.

09/17/2012 10:30 PM

Author Icon
DrBob
n00b

hey you're welcome.

I didn't find reinstall, uninstall or the "clean install" options helped much, and I couldn't be bothered playing around with registry etc,.

Now working, I'd not breathe on it until the next version comes out.

10/31/2012 10:35 AM

Author Icon
matmos75
n00b

DrBob,  just wanted to say thank you for this post.  I have spent two days trying to resolve this issue. Cheers,
Statistics
84699 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.