Topic Title: Reset Eyefinity's Display Group
Topic Summary: After created a Disply Group on an inactive Mointor, I can not use my system any more. Please help to reset.
Created On: 09/15/2012 08:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/15/2012 08:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zyuan888
n00b

Hi,

I just built a new system and am new to the AMD Catalyst Control Center, but Eyefinity is one of the most user-unfriendly interface I've ever seen.

My ASUS HD 7870 card is connected two Dell U2311 monitors via Displayport. After setup the system and sofware, my 2nd monitor is still inactve. I didn't extend my desktop to the 2nd monitor, and thought the Eyefinity will handle all display setup for me. so, I went to Eyefinity, and try to create a Display GROUP. The Catalyst software initally showed me two monitors on the screen, then I thought it asked me to select multiple mointors to form a GROUP, I picked my 2nd inactive monitor and hit 'Continue' button. The disaster happened -- my 1st monitor went into sleep mode and 2nd monitor still had no any output -- I can not do anything at all.

If I unplugged 2nd monitor, then my 1st monitor will be back. I uninstalled/re-installed Catalyst Control Center software few times, and it still can not undo the my mistakenly created display group.

Can anyone help me to reset the Eyefinity and get my 2nd monitor back. I tested that both mointors individually work fine with displayport. and my graphic card does not seem having an issue as well.

Graphics Card:         ASUS HD 7870 HD7870-DC2-2GD5   

Motherboard:          ASUS P8Z77-V

Processor:              Intel i7-3770

Display Driver:        Catalyst Control Center   Version 12.8 released on 08/15/2012. 

Monitor:               Two Dell U2311 Mointors connected via two Mini-Displayports at the back of the graphic card

Appreciate any help. 

Thank you in advance.

Statistics
85524 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.