Topic Title: Cannot get Catalyst to load
Topic Summary: Syddenly nothing loads
Created On: 10/16/2012 01:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/16/2012 01:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Dochands
n00b

Was using the latest beta for Windows 8. My Eyefinity setup worked flawlessly. It rocked.

Started up the system one morning and nothing worked. Have uninstalled the drivers and cleaned the registry. Reinstalled. Nothing.

At this time Catalyst will not even load and I have no Eyefinity.

No idea what to do next but help is appreciated.

10/16/2012 11:17 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Hello, a bit more information may be needed to help you with your issue. Please read the thread below and revise your post to include the requested information in detail. Doing so will help us help you more efficiently.

Thanks in advance...

**STICKY** | PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Please use the template, and fill out as much information about your issue as possible.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

10/18/2012 11:28 PM

Author Icon
Dochands
n00b

Well I guess with the detailed info no one can help me. A bit disappointing considering the amount invested in AMD hardware.

10/19/2012 12:07 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Ok....one more time.  Kindly read the thread that I linked you to in my previous post and use that as a template of what we are looking for.  All of that stuff that you just posted amounts to absolutely nothing that any of the users here will be able to read and help you with, which is why I deleted them.

Cheers!

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

10/19/2012 07:15 AM

Author Icon
Dochands
n00b

It would have been appropriate to tell me that without being incredibly rude about it and deleting my post. A msinfo report is standard and has all that info so it was logical to assume that would suffice. 

This forum is supposed to be a place users come for friendly help in lieu of active tech support. It would be nice if the forum moderator respected that. 

It's not like I didn't try. I have seen the exact same behavior when others have posted with problems with AMD hardware.

10/19/2012 10:42 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Welcome to the gaming forum Canis !!

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

10/19/2012 11:23 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: Dochands It would have been appropriate to tell me that without being incredibly rude about it and deleting my post. A msinfo report is standard and has all that info so it was logical to assume that would suffice. 

This forum is supposed to be a place users come for friendly help in lieu of active tech support. It would be nice if the forum moderator respected that. 

It's not like I didn't try. I have seen the exact same behavior when others have posted with problems with AMD hardware.

Morning Doc!

Sorry if you felt that I was rude, that was not my intention.  I always say what I mean and mean what I say, so when I kindly asked you to read the thread that I linked in my post that states use this as a template....well, that is what we expect.  For your edification, I have that same verbiage saved in a txt file that I repost at least 3-4 times a day. 

The "users" here have grown to expect the template that we request that you use, if we wanted the MSINFO information then that would have been stated in the thread that I linked for you, it was not.  Please take the time to read what people respond to you with and supply the requested information.  This will save on frustration from both sides of the fence and get you a solution that will hopefully see you walking into the sunset with a smile upon your face! 

FYI.....see stumped above me?  If he had seen what I deleted here, he really would have laid into you.....what I posted (and did) was fluff and for what it's worth....I honestly did you a favor!! 

So.....read the thread that I linked.....copy all of the text in that post.......post it in here and input the requested information.....then everyone will be happy!!

Cheers!

TEMPLATE:

Graphics Card
- include the specific brand & model (ex: ASUS Radeon HD7970-DC2-3GD5)
- if any over-clocking is being done then provide GPU & memory clocks, and the application used to over-clock

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- include driver version currently used, and version(s) tested previously

Operating System
- 32-bit/64-bit; Service Pack, etc..
- include details about additional operating systems also tested

Issue Details
- include specifics on symptoms, and steps to reproduce the issue
- describe in detail the issue experienced
- for 3D Games, please include details of your in-game graphics settings (ex: Anti-Aliasing, VSync, etc..)
- links to videos or pictures that may demonstrate your issue

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- include the specific brand & model (ex: DELL XPS 8500, or ASUS M4A88TD-V)

Power Supply

- include specific brand & model with output wattage
- a link to the manufacturer’s product page with specifications, or a picture of the unit’s label is helpful

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- include specific brand & model (ex: DELL U2411)
- include specifics about any cables, adapters, splitters, hubs, used

Applications and Games

- list out all applications and games where the issue is occurring
- include details about version or patch numbers

CPU Details
- include model, speed, number of cores (ex: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Ed.)
- if any over-clocking is being done provide details about it (ex: multiplier, voltages, clock speeds, and the application used to over-clock)

Motherboard BIOS Version
- the BIOS version is displayed as soon as your system is powered on (ex: ASUS BIOS 1015)

System Memory Type & Amount
- include specific brand & model

Additional Hardware
- include specifics about the harddrive(s) used (ex: SSD boot drive), # of case fans, optical drives installed, or any additional PCI, or PCIe devices installed

Additional Details
- include information about any system checks that have already been done to ensure the system is clean of viruses, spyware, etc..
- include information about any checks that have already been done to ensure hardware is not faulty. (ex: hardware swaps, Prime95 for CPU testing, Memtest86 for memory testing)

10/19/2012 11:24 AM

Author Icon
Dochands
n00b

XFX R7970 Black Edition 3GB DDR

AMD Catalyst Version 12.8 and the 12.9 Beta have both been tried with the same result.

- Software will not load. The loading circle turns for a moment and then disappears.-

Windows 8 - 64

Operating System: Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit (6.2, Build 8250) (8250.winmain_win8beta_se.120330-1316)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
       System Model: System Product Name
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9550  @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
          Page File: 2325MB used, 5864MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
       Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
          Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6798)
           DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
        Device Type: Full Device
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6798&SUBSYS_32111682&REV_00
     Display Memory: 4842 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 3051 MB
      Shared Memory: 1791 MB
       Current Mode: 4032 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Dell 3007WFP
      Monitor Model: unknown
         Monitor Id:
        Native Mode: unknown
        Output Type: Unknown
      Monitor Model: unknown
         Monitor Id:
        Native Mode: unknown
        Output Type: Unknown

Three monitor system used for Eyefinity game play.

Drive: C:
 Free Space: 1720.8 GB
Total Space: 1907.7 GB
File System: NTFS
      Model: WDC WD20 EARX-00PASB0 SCSI Disk Device

Power supply is 850W running through a sine wave UPS. I believe it is a HIper. Not sure of the memory chip manufactuer.  

Hope this is the info you require.

Thanks.

10/19/2012 11:51 AM

Author Icon
Dochands
n00b

Forgot to add that this was originally a Velocity Micro gaming system. Don't recall what its brand name was.

The video card was recently updated from dual 6850 XFX Radeon cards as well as a newer beefer power supply.

11/01/2012 10:58 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Dochands, I am curious to know if you are still not able to get the latest Windows8 drivers installed, and the CCC software to open.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

11/02/2012 04:18 AM

Author Icon
Onihikage
n00b

Well, I'm not Dochands, but I can't get CCC to load or install. At first I thought maybe it was already installed, since there was an ATI or AMD service running in the background, but CCC isn't in the list of installed programs. Stopping that service didn't make a difference.

Here are my specs:

Graphics Card
VisionTek Radeon HD 7850 DDR5 2GB

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- 12.10 / 12.11 Beta 4

Operating System
- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Issue Details
- Cannot install any version of Catalyst Control Center (not 12.10 or the 12.11 beta 4). UAC prompt comes up, and then nothing happens.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASUS Sabertooth Z77

Power Supply

- Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650M

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- ASUS MS226H

Applications and Games

- N/A

CPU Details
- Intel i5 3570K

Motherboard BIOS Version
- unknown, will try to get it if relevant, shouldn't be newer than whatever was current through April 2012

System Memory Type & Amount
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600

Additional Hardware
- single 1TB HDD, ASUS dvd burner

Additional Details
- Avast + MWB, system is clean
- Dual booting with Windows 7, CCC runs fine on that

11/02/2012 04:24 AM

Author Icon
stargaz3rr
Grinding Levels

Hello, just passing through.

One question, where i can get those big long *** data which people usually post ? is it the MSINFO Canis mentioned ? just curious

thanks.

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, Intel i5 3570k 2x4 GB Kingston, Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-XSeasonic M12II 850W, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Seagate 500GB, Seagate 2TB

Edited: 11/02/2012 at 04:40 AM by stargaz3rr
Statistics
84840 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.