Originally posted by: Dochands It would have been appropriate to tell me that without being incredibly rude about it and deleting my post. A msinfo report is standard and has all that info so it was logical to assume that would suffice.
This forum is supposed to be a place users come for friendly help in lieu of active tech support. It would be nice if the forum moderator respected that.
It's not like I didn't try. I have seen the exact same behavior when others have posted with problems with AMD hardware.
Sorry if you felt that I was rude, that was not my intention. I always say what I mean and mean what I say, so when I kindly asked you to read the thread that I linked in my post that states use this as a template....well, that is what we expect. For your edification, I have that same verbiage saved in a txt file that I repost at least 3-4 times a day.
The "users" here have grown to expect the template that we request that you use, if we wanted the MSINFO information then that would have been stated in the thread that I linked for you, it was not. Please take the time to read what people respond to you with and supply the requested information. This will save on frustration from both sides of the fence and get you a solution that will hopefully see you walking into the sunset with a smile upon your face!
FYI.....see stumped above me? If he had seen what I deleted here, he really would have laid into you.....what I posted (and did) was fluff and for what it's worth....I honestly did you a favor!!
So.....read the thread that I linked.....copy all of the text in that post.......post it in here and input the requested information.....then everyone will be happy!!
- include the specific brand & model (ex: ASUS Radeon HD7970-DC2-3GD5)
- if any over-clocking is being done then provide GPU & memory clocks, and the application used to over-clock
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- include driver version currently used, and version(s) tested previously
- 32-bit/64-bit; Service Pack, etc..
- include details about additional operating systems also tested
- include specifics on symptoms, and steps to reproduce the issue
- describe in detail the issue experienced
- for 3D Games, please include details of your in-game graphics settings (ex: Anti-Aliasing, VSync, etc..)
- links to videos or pictures that may demonstrate your issue
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- include the specific brand & model (ex: DELL XPS 8500, or ASUS M4A88TD-V)
- include specific brand & model with output wattage
- a link to the manufacturer’s product page with specifications, or a picture of the unit’s label is helpful
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- include specific brand & model (ex: DELL U2411)
- include specifics about any cables, adapters, splitters, hubs, used
Applications and Games
- list out all applications and games where the issue is occurring
- include details about version or patch numbers
- include model, speed, number of cores (ex: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Ed.)
- if any over-clocking is being done provide details about it (ex: multiplier, voltages, clock speeds, and the application used to over-clock)
Motherboard BIOS Version
- the BIOS version is displayed as soon as your system is powered on (ex: ASUS BIOS 1015)
System Memory Type & Amount
- include specific brand & model
- include specifics about the harddrive(s) used (ex: SSD boot drive), # of case fans, optical drives installed, or any additional PCI, or PCIe devices installed
- include information about any system checks that have already been done to ensure the system is clean of viruses, spyware, etc..
- include information about any checks that have already been done to ensure hardware is not faulty. (ex: hardware swaps, Prime95 for CPU testing, Memtest86 for memory testing)
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count: 4142
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!