AMD FirePro W7000, Dual screened to a 24" and 22" monitor via DisplayPort to DVI cable.
(We initially had DisplayPort to HDMI, but that's a whole other problem right there)
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
Currently Installed: 892.2 (recommended for all Autodesk 2013 products)
Previously installed 892.8.1 (latest version) with horrific results. The benefits of going to 892.2 was like eating one spoonful of turd in comparison to two spoonfuls. You still have that same horrible taste, you just have to deal with less of it.
- Win7 Professional x64 SP1
- After installing the graphics card, we had issues getting the card to dual-screen properly. We later found out that to get it to work right, we had to RESTART the entire machine after making any changes to the display (why on earth this is, I don't know)
- After finally getting the Dual-Screen working, we opened up Revit 2013 and the lag was immense. We previously had a NVidia Quadro 2000D card installed. Te difference, as described by our Revit operator, was like "going from an F1 fighter jet to a biplane"
-I tried setting all settings in the catalyst control centre optimised for performance, but we saw no real difference
Motherboard or System Make & Model
-Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, running stock bios (revision 1.3)
- Tsunami Power Supply, 750W
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- include specific brand & model (ex: DELL U2411)
- include specifics about any cables, adapters, splitters, hubs, used
Applications and Games
- AutoDesk Revit MEP 2013
- The card is not doing it's job at all. In the graphics options menu inside Revit, there's an alert stating that the card is not certified, even though I'm using the certified driver The screen refresh rate is so bad, if I used the onboard integrated graphics, I'd get a better result!
-Intel i7-2600 @3.40GHZ, 4 cores, 8 Threads (no overclocking, running standard)
Motherboard BIOS Version
- the BIOS version is displayed as soon as your system is powered on (ex: ASUS BIOS 1015)
System Memory Type & Amount
-16GB DDR3 (4Gb x 4)
Additional Hardware- C:\ SSD Primary partition, E:\ 2Tb Secondary Backup drive
- Computer is squeaky clean, has been for the six months we've had it
- All hardware is working fine, no burning smell from anywhere inside the case, not a speck of dust inside either
Donnelley Simpson Cleary
Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd
59 Hill Street PO Box 40
Roseville 2069, NSW, Australia
Tel +61 (02) 9416 1177
Fax +61 (02) 9416 8251