Topic Title: OpenCL.DLL?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/21/2012 06:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/21/2012 06:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Gambit
n00b

So I have a Radeon HD 7750 PowerColor vidcard, installed drivers (from CD and AMD site), tried to use hashcat with GPU cracking enabled and when I go to sart it, it says "OpenCL.DLL was not found".  I know theres a few DLL sites I can get it from but idk if they are safe to download from, is there a place on AMD where i can get the file? and once i get it where exactly do i put it?

10/21/2012 06:53 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

You can download the appropriate SDK from AMD... http://developer.amd.com/tools/hc/AMDAPPSDK/downloads/Pages/default.aspx

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

10/21/2012 07:08 PM

Author Icon
Gambit
n00b

Originally posted by: stumped You can download the appropriate SDK from AMD... http://developer.amd.com/tools/hc/AMDAPPSDK/downloads/Pages/default.aspx

cant do that because i dont have nor will i ever have windows shitsta and i dont have windows 7, XP all the way and i dont see a XP version just linux, shitsta and 7

10/21/2012 08:00 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

This is exactly why you are asked to READ THIS BEFORE POSTING and supply the basic information. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Good luck and have a nice day

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

10/21/2012 08:14 PM

Author Icon
Gambit
n00b

Originally posted by: stumped This is exactly why you are asked to READ THIS BEFORE POSTING and supply the basic information. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Good luck and have a nice day

wellp sorry i didn't provide my OS, now unless im taking this wrong and you're not throwing a tamtrum is there a way i can get openCL with XP?

10/21/2012 09:36 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

I think that now would be a good time for you to read the requested "Please read before posting" thread so everyone knows what there is to know and revise your post with requested template and information.  

Thanks in advance

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

11/01/2012 04:22 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

stumped kindly offered you a download link for the OpenCL SDK.  Quite understandabily, he was disappointed when you (the person he is trying to help) snapped back with an seemed like an ungrateful tone exclaiming how you needed a download for WindowsXP.

I bet stumped would not have provided you the download link he did if you had read the sticky (that Canis-X has mentioned) and simply stated what OS you needed in your original post.  I also bet stumped would not have snapped back if you seemed a bit more grateful and/or kindly asked if there was a download for WindowsXP.

After all that, however, there is no download for WindowsXP.  OpenCL is not compatible with that OS.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/hd7900seriesxpsupport.aspx

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

04/25/2013 09:15 AM

Author Icon
Pedro-NF
Peon

I just purchased a Radeon HD 7950 card for the sole purpose of Bitcoin mining and stumbled upon this topic while looking for information on how to run OpenCL applications on that card on XP 64.

After reading the forum fanboy and the moderator fanboy messages, I just had to say this: everyone knows AMD provides some of the most pathetically flawed drivers in the market, but this lack of support for an OS that has the 2nd largest market share in the world and which will surely remain above 30% for a long time to come yet, that's a new low even for AMD. It seems clear to me that AMD is meekly obeying whatever Microsoft has been telling them to do in their desperate and fruitless efforts to get rid of XP.

I'm currently running an NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti on XP 64, and everything is there and working flawlessly - OpenCL support, support for the newest games and for games more than 15 years old, perfect OpenGL support -  you name it.

If you're in the market for a new graphics card, unless you are interested in doing digital currency mining, for all other purposes, especially gaming, do yourself and mankind a favor and GO NVIDIA.

04/25/2013 09:29 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: Pedro-NF I just purchased a Radeon HD 7950 card for the sole purpose of Bitcoin mining and stumbled upon this topic while looking for information on how to run OpenCL applications on that card on XP 64.  

Too bad you didn't do your homework before you bought the card. Yes, there are AMD fanboys on the AMD site...just as there are Nvidia fanboys on the Nvidia site...what did you expect? Have a nice day.

04/25/2013 09:44 AM

Author Icon
Pedro-NF
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped Too bad you didn't do your homework before you bought the card.

Actually, it's this ludicrous company that doesn't seem to have been doing their homework. A company which, it should be said, I supported like a stupid fanboy for over 8 years, while I kept buying their inferior processors even though there were much better options at the same prices from their competitor, believing I was doing my part to help AMD.

I'm positive it won't be long before I'll have the pleasure of seeing it go all the way to the bottom.

04/25/2013 04:52 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: Pedro-NF I just purchased a Radeon HD 7950 card for the sole purpose of Bitcoin mining and stumbled upon this topic while looking for information on how to run OpenCL applications on that card on XP 64. After reading the forum fanboy and the moderator fanboy messages, I just had to say this: everyone knows AMD provides some of the most pathetically flawed drivers in the market, but this lack of support for an OS that has the 2nd largest market share in the world and which will surely remain above 30% for a long time to come yet, that's a new low even for AMD. It seems clear to me that AMD is meekly obeying whatever Microsoft has been telling them to do in their desperate and fruitless efforts to get rid of XP. I'm currently running an NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti on XP 64, and everything is there and working flawlessly - OpenCL support, support for the newest games and for games more than 15 years old, perfect OpenGL support -  you name it. If you're in the market for a new graphics card, unless you are interested in doing digital currency mining, for all other purposes, especially gaming, do yourself and mankind a favor and GO NVIDIA.

XP x64 30%??? I don't know what you've been smoking, but please, share some.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

04/26/2013 02:41 AM

Author Icon
Pedro-NF
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee XP x64 30%??? I don't know what you've been smoking, but please, share some.

Oh, please, don't be a troll... Of course I meant XP as in the sum of users of the 32 and 64 bit versions. And I don't smoke legal or illegal drugs, but perhaps AMD's management does...

Statistics
84169 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.