Hello! I haven't been able to do a single AMD driver update without running into problems, so sadly I'm a little frustrated, hopefully someone can help out since this time I'm stumped. Had 12.8, during the 12.10 install it eventually goes to a black screen every single time. This is the error I receive after rebooting and trying to pull up catalyst http://i.imgur.com/vP9fG.png
This occurs even after doing a full uninstall of catalyst and reinstall. I'm going to attempt 12.11 beta drivers next to see if there's any difference. I also submitted a bug report.
- 2x in crossfire, HIS Radeon HD 6950 H695QNT2G2M. No overclocking.
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- 12.8 was running fine, can't upgrade to 12.10 now
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Described mostly above. Right clicking on my desktop and pulling up CCC brings that error.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- 1x DELL U2410 and 2x Hanns-G 22" monitors
- Core i7 860. Overclocked by ASUS mobo tool, to 3.4ghtz, x21 multiplier
Motherboard BIOS Version
System Memory Type & Amount
- 16GB DDR3
- 2x dvdrws, 2x 160GB velociraptors in raid 0, a couple of other 1TB sata drives
- System is clean, no other hardware issues