Topic Title: Catalyst Control Center (12.10) doesn't install
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/26/2012 11:34 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/26/2012 11:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CaptainStiggz
n00b

I just installed Windows 8 and was prompted to reinstall Catalyst Control Center. I completely removed all the AMD drivers and applications from my computer and downloaded the latest drivers and control center package (12.10) from AMD's website. I ran the installer, which created a folder C:/AMD/support/blah blah blah

It installed my drivers just fine. My Radeon HD 6800 graphics card is up to date and working well. But it didn't seem to install the Catalyst Control Center (CCC). I tried running the Setup application in the AMD/support folder but nothing happens. 

Any ideas? 

10/26/2012 12:35 PM

Author Icon
nivanescu
n00b

I have the same problem, .net framework is updated, only version 12.9 beta installs CCC correctly

10/26/2012 12:51 PM

Author Icon
Nichtswisser
Grinding Levels

You might have to update net framework.

-------------------------

i5 2500k @ 4,2 GHz ][ ASUS P8P67 Pro ][ HD 5850 ][ 8GB Ram GEIL ][ ASUS Xonar DX

10/27/2012 02:13 AM

Author Icon
VISHKAR
n00b

I have same problem. OS is vista 32bit, HD 5770. The last driver update was through drivermax- about 25 MB AMD signed ver 9.001.0.0000 13 sep2012. Since I had no update from AMD for over 50 days or so, I found this driver.Now after installing the latest 12.10, device manager still shows above version. AMD auto update tells me that I have the latest version. Cat. Control center shows 'empty' context menu. HELLLLLLP!!

10/27/2012 02:27 PM

Author Icon
Sevorax
n00b

Having same problems. Started with not being abe to overscan my resolution because i have a half inch black border around my screen. The catalyst that i previously had on my computer which i was running with Win7 64-bit and worked fine, no longer had any of the video options. it basically had an overdrive function and a power saver function all the other options disappeared. So i uninstalled all AMD software and downloaded the new 12.10 suite for Win8 64-bit and when i try to run the setup file nothing happens. Ive also tried previous versions of the catalyst that were approved for Win8 (i think was just 12.8) and also tried 12.6. None of the setups would run. Im not sure if this is just a 64 bit issue or a Win8 issue all together. But currently stuck with no Catalyst and a half inch black border -_-

--Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 -- AMD 970 // AMD FX-8150 CPU 8-Core Processor @ 3.60GHz // AMD Radeon HD 7850 // 8GB DDR3 Corsair Memory // Windows 8 Pro (64-Bit)

10/28/2012 12:54 PM

Author Icon
VISHKAR
n00b

I managed it with the AMD driverdownloader file ( about 775 kb). I installed it and auto updated the driver to 12.10. So far so good! WHy do we have to uninstall old and then update to new driver and CCCenter every time? A painful process. It should be just one click process like with other softwares.

10/29/2012 01:00 PM

Author Icon
elstaci
Peon

I used to use DriverMax, But unfortunately, it shows drivers from other 3rd party hardware which may be completely uncompatible even if it says it is. I deleted DriverMax from my computer for this reason. It best to go to the manufacturer website or use a paid well known driver updater that might be more accurate in the drivers it shows for downloading for your specific hardware. 

Meanwhile, Most people use Driver  Fusion in safe mode to eliminate all traces of AMD drivers and software. You might want to try this. Then use a good Registry Cleaner to remove any AMD older driver traces from the registry.   Then go to AMD website and download the later CCC Package. Make sure you have the latest NET 4.0 running on your computer, otherwise CCC won't work. After installing the CCC Package, go to Device Manager and make sure the all AMD Drivers are installed and running without problems. If you see a yellow exclamation mark any where in Device Manager, that is telling you that the particular driver is not working and having problems.

Ellis D. Rodriguez

Statistics
81034 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.