Topic Title: Missing options in CCC after Win8 upgrade
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/29/2012 04:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/07/2012 04:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NlTESHADE
Peon

Originally posted by: hartstein That didn't work for me. I get this error, when I try to start CCC:

CCC can not be startet, because there are no settings anymore.

Can someone help? I have an HD4650.

Regards,

Dirk

Originally posted by: MannyL OK!!!!  I finally got it to work.

Here is what I did:

1.  In Control Panel under Programs and Features, I removed all the ATI applications using Express Uninstall as stated in the instructions prior.

2.  I then right clicked on the ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1) drive in DEVICE MANAGER and clicked Uninstall, as I had done prior

3.  I then ran CCleaner and under REGISTRY removed all ATI items as I had done prior

4.  I then installed 12-6-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe, which I had also done prior.

5.  I then opened DEVICE MANAGER, and at the top of the list  in the right hand pane, right clicked on the name of my computer and selected Scan for New Hardware.  Once again it found the ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1) However, CCC still only showed 4 items.

6.  I then right clicked onATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1) and selected UPDATE DRIVE SOFTWARE.  I then selected BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE and pointed it to the ATI folder that was created from the 12-6-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe installation.

7.  This time instead of finding the driver as ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1) it found it as ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series.

8.  Now CCC shows the full time list including the ability to scale the screen so no black borders.

Party on!!!!!

have you tried my method, heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dHQm3ezSq0

the method mannyL has put is only going to work for 2000 - 5000 series, the reason he was able to point the driver search for the ati folder is because 12.6 is the original driver for 2000 3000 and 4000 series, if everyone just follows my original method it will work for all machines and drivers. and on other forums people are saying to reinstall windows 8, DONT DO THAT, thats like chopping your hand of because you got a paper cut on your finger, it doesnt fix the problem, its better to figure out why something went wrong rather than it possibly accidently fix the problem and it come back later and nobody know why

Edited: 11/07/2012 at 04:17 AM by NlTESHADE
 11/07/2012 07:31 AM

Author Icon
Timmay
Peon

My only question now is, now that 12.6 is installed and CCC works, can I update it to 12.11 without losing the CCC options again?  If over-writing 12.6 to 12.11 is giong to screw it up, I don't want to do this again.  Any thought about this or has anyone tried it?

Thanks!

-------------------------
 11/07/2012 07:49 AM

Author Icon
NlTESHADE
Peon

i have tried and it undoes all the work, u lose all the options, there is no need to install a newer version anyhow, when u need patches for games, hotfixes do the job

11/07/2012 08:33 AM

Author Icon
Timmay
Peon

Nitshade, what about a driver only update without CCC?

11/07/2012 08:45 AM

Author Icon
Timmay
Peon

Originally posted by: NlTESHADE i have tried and it undoes all the work, u lose all the options, there is no need to install a newer version anyhow, when u need patches for games, hotfixes do the job

Oh, never mind, that's what a hotfix is.  I have a 7870 GHZ card.  Anyone try 12.11 beta drivers for it yet?

11/07/2012 08:54 AM

Author Icon
NlTESHADE
Peon

yeah i have tried all versions of CCC stick with 12.6, a driver only update is fine, for example the actual driver made for the device not the CCC, you can find the real one on the site for the manufactuer of your laptop. just dont update CCC yet, they havent fixed it yet

11/08/2012 11:51 AM

Author Icon
nemeios
Peon

I tried all the steps but wasn't able to get it working.

I have 2 HD4870x2 in crossfire configuration. After digging a little more I found a thread on Guru3D which suggested that CCC v11.10 are compatible with Win8. 

Here is the steps I followed

1. Uninstall the existing AMD driver by following steps 1-3 that NlTESHADE suggested. 

2. Reboot 

3. Download and install 11.10 ccc package (it is available from multiple sites. make sure you download from a reliable source.)

4. Reboot.

You MUST reboot again to be able to enable CrossfireX

I hope this helps

Statistics
85345 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.